Forum - View topic
NEWS: Musical Group Round Table Featuring Nino Goes on Hiatus




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lately



Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
damn, my favorite jpop band too. Just when I thought they were making a comeback...

Well at least we got 2 more songs to look forward to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2043

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Lately wrote:
damn, my favorite jpop band too. Just when I thought they were making a comeback...

Well at least we got 2 more songs to look forward to
Same. They hadnt done anything since 2009, from what I could find and then suddenly BAM new stuff. and now Hiatus? *sigh*. Oh well, at least it's not a disband! Hope they come back stronger than ever.


also, "Himawari (Tamayura - Hitotose insert song, self-cover)" edit regarding this: Ah, I see they composed/wrote the song and the seiyuu's performed it.

when did this happen? I don't remember hearing that song ever in that anime. what episode was it in?


Last edited by Kougeru on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lately



Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Same. They hadnt done anything since 2009, from what I could find and then suddenly BAM new stuff. and now Hiatus? *sigh*. Oh well, at least it's not a disband! Hope they come back stronger than ever.


also, "Himawari (Tamayura - Hitotose insert song, self-cover)"

when did this happen? I don't remember hearing that song ever in that anime. what episode was it in?


I think its just a cover they did that will be released in this album. Also, if the gap between 2009-2012 wasn't considered a hiatus for them, then one can only imagine how long it'll be before they get back together again----------- if ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atunderdogk



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused. Does this only mean "Round Table Featuring Nino" or is "Round Table" going on hiatus as well? I thought this was semi-implied/announced when Round Table did "Friday, I'm in Love" without Nino.

Either way, this is disheartening. Round Table Featuring Nino had such great fun songs. But musically, I love Round Table w/out Nino a lot more. There's such variety on their own stuff that's not quite there w/Nino.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2043

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
atunderdogk wrote:
I'm confused. Does this only mean "Round Table Featuring Nino" or is "Round Table" going on hiatus as well? I thought this was semi-implied/announced when Round Table did "Friday, I'm in Love" without Nino.

Either way, this is disheartening. Round Table Featuring Nino had such great fun songs. But musically, I love Round Table w/out Nino a lot more. There's such variety on their own stuff that's not quite there w/Nino.
For sure. I love their smooth sound without Nino. More jazzy too. With Nino it's closer to pop, but I love both projects as much as the other way, in different ways. Great band with their own great vocalist, but Nino is also a great vocalist with her own style that any anime/jmusic fan can recognize.

Edit: I just realized on the website Kitagawa says he should be in "Nino feat.ROUND TABLE", I found that comment hilarious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
totoum



Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:02 am Reply with quote
Kitagawa has started doing some solo work where he composes a song and another singer sings it,for example he composed the Kobato OP , the Rinne no lagrange ED as well as the Nazo no Kanojo X OP and ED

So he's still a bit active,better than nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atunderdogk



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 71

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
totoum wrote:
Kitagawa has started doing some solo work where he composes a song and another singer sings it,for example he composed the Kobato OP , the Rinne no lagrange ED as well as the Nazo no Kanojo X OP and ED

So he's still a bit active,better than nothing.


I can totally hear it hear in these songs. I guess you're right. Something is better than nothing. And maybe hopefully, we're only a few years away from something new from them again since we're already 3 in.

Maybe he'll release a album of his compositions without the vocals. Not that they are bad by far, but it sounds like Round Table but then the vocals aren't so it throws me off a bit. This sucks because Friday, I'm in Love was SO good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group