• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Digimon Adventure PSP Game's Teaser Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
It looks like Our War Game is also going to be in this game. Cool!
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
You know what? If Namco Bandai can get this out, I think I can just about forgive them for Vesperia PS3.

"It won't sell!" you tell me?

Three words NamDai can put on the box; "From the creators of Sonic the Hedgehog", there, I've made the first smash hit PSP game.

Last edited by ConanSan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
It's too bad we'll probably never see this Stateside...and if we do, it'll be a re-dubbed English version, since even the new DVD boxset will be excluding the Japanese track. I adore Digimon Adventure 01 and 02, but I really wish I could own a subtitled copy of the Japanese version *legally*.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
It kinda sucks that a few VA have retired from the gig (Joshua Seth (Tai) will be most missed if this gets a sate-side release) but that's what 10 years will do to a series, I guess.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
It kinda sucks that a few VA have retired from the gig (Joshua Seth (Tai) will be most missed if this gets a sate-side release) but that's what 10 years will do to a series, I guess.

Rumor has it that Joshua Seth would be willing to reprise his role if asked for Tai in Young Hunters, so there's an off chance he'd come back for this as well, providing that Bandai cares to bring it stateside, which freaking heck, I hope they do.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
It's too bad we'll probably never see this Stateside...and if we do, it'll be a re-dubbed English version, since even the new DVD boxset will be excluding the Japanese track. I adore Digimon Adventure 01 and 02, but I really wish I could own a subtitled copy of the Japanese version *legally*.

Me too... me too... But, as far as they are concerned, only little kids like things like Digimon and Pokemon :/

Edit: 02 DOES have digital eps for sale, but no thanks :/
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Knowing how the franchise is treated here, probably for the best if it stays in Japan.

Then people who want it can import or whatever.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Knowing how the franchise is treated here, probably for the best if it stays in Japan.

You mean little to no marketing or promotion?

I'd love to have the game in English but I doubt it's in the cards considering Namdai.

Would LOVE for publishers to take advantage of PSN for games like this but alas...
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Aynslesa wrote:

Me too... me too... But, as far as they are concerned, only little kids like things like Digimon and Pokemon :/

Edit: 02 DOES have digital eps for sale, but no thanks :/

Dude, I'm feeling your pain! I'm glad Crunchyroll has 02, Tamers and Cross Wars, but also disappointed the DVD won't have the Japanese version.

I keep hoping if this game gets a stateside release, it could be bilingual (like Blue Dragon and Ni no Kuni) but dunno what the chances of that are.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

I was thinking more 'heavily edited and censored and rewritten completely'. Chances are they'd try to dumb the game down to match the old edited dub like most similar licensed games get
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

I'm willing to import it eventually if I have to, but I'd still much rather it be brought over, edited changes or not. It's a lot cheaper and easier to go out and buy a game here than it is to find somewhere online to import it from.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Oho, please tell me this is gonna be on PSP and not Vita, even in 2013! I don't get have a Vita Sad No plans to get one for a while either, I still don't have a PS3!

Oh and please tell me it's leaving Japan, that would also make me happy.

In the meantime, Pokemon comes out two days before Digimon DVD, odds are I will get Digimon DVD early and I will have a massive nostalgia burst and it will be epic!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
This is looking more and more fun, Adventure is my second favorite digimon series so depending on how cards play out for me I may attempt to import this...but then again I can't read japanese to save my life.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:

I was thinking more 'heavily edited and censored and rewritten completely'. Chances are they'd try to dumb the game down to match the old edited dub like most similar licensed games get

Odds are it would be.

And it would be wonderful. Very Happy
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote
Ah, Butterfly. Such an awesome opening theme that brings back so many childhood memories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2