Forum - View topic
Neon Alley General

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote
Well, if you can get it, I'm sure we'd all LOVE to see the new JoJo series dubbed.

The hard part, however, is actually getting it. With all the music references and the fact that it has a Yes song during it's end credits, I'm sure it's probably a NIGHTMARE to get rights for.

However, you guys did manage to license Tiger & Bunny and keep all the advertising logos present, so if anyone can pull it off, I'm sure you could. Smile
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
The hard part, however, is actually getting it. With all the music references and the fact that it has a Yes song during it's end credits, I'm sure it's probably a NIGHTMARE to get rights for.

Is Sentai can get the music rights cleared for Kids of the Slope, Jojo can't be much harder
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
MadarakiFran wrote:
For the record, I'd love to see JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Neon Alley.

And as for things you don't have manga ties with: I am a fan of Fairy Tail.

And Cardfight!! Vanguard has a show as well...

Yup, Fairy Tail would be great, I'd watch those again even though I own the first 4 BDs since the show is a ton of fun.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Is Sentai can get the music rights cleared for Kids of the Slope, Jojo can't be much harder

Good. I'd love to see it.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
MadarakiFran wrote:

JoJo! Did someone pick it up already? If you hear anything on the grapevine on its acquisition let us know. I don't think VIZ got it.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Neon Alley Moderator wrote:
MadarakiFran wrote:

JoJo! Did someone pick it up already? If you hear anything on the grapevine on its acquisition let us know. I don't think VIZ got it.

Actually no one did yet (Hint, Hint Wink )

Also I would love to see Monster on again.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
MadarakiFran wrote:

Actually no one did yet (Hint, Hint Wink )

Also I would love to see Monster on again.

If you do show Monster again, why not pick up the rights to Naoki Urasawa's other show, Master Keaton? I've been trying to talk more people into watching it anyways, and this would be the perfect method.

Also, if you need things to stream in between episodes, how about individual episodes from Hetalia? They're only 5 minutes each and are funny little time wasters. Laughing
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Hey Neon Alley....

Toriko is getting an English dub.

It's also a Shonen Jump title, which you guys show a lot of.

......You do see the connection I'm trying to make here, right? WinkWinkWink
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

I'm guessing it's not that this will be the new coming DEEBEEZEEEEEEEEEEEd. It won't.

In other news, Marzgurl gushes: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/​videolinks/​ir/​marzgurl/​ane/​36857-​anime-​news-​editorial-​neon-​alley-​network

"If only it were on TV", then it would actually matter! It's about as effective right now as looking for online streaming, and only those with the Triple and possibly other consoles in the future are the only ones who can make use of it. That's a limited audience, and limited to where, when, and how you watch it.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

I'm guessing it's not that this will be the new coming DEEBEEZEEEEEEEEEEEd. It won't.

In other news, Marzgurl gushes: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/​videolinks/​ir/​marzgurl/​ane/​36857-​anime-​news-​editorial-​neon-​alley-​network

"If only it were on TV", then it would actually matter! It's about as effective right now as looking for online streaming, and only those with the Triple and possibly other consoles in the future are the only ones who can make use of it. That's a limited audience, and limited to where, when, and how you watch it.

Because the Funimation channels is so relevant? Funimation has been trying and they can barely stay on one package. Having on consoles reaches way farther than a small number of people with only dish.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Because the Funimation channels is so relevant? Funimation has been trying and they can barely stay on one package. Having on consoles reaches way farther than a small number of people with only dish.

And internet streaming reaches the furthest, with no restrictions in the USA other than internet speed.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Anime hyper
Lol, I'll see what we can do with JoJo, Monster and Master Keaton. Oh wait and Hetalia, and Toriko. Did I miss anything?

With all the $ that Neon Alley is taking for initial infrastructure, I can only guess that the overall anime acquisitions budget might be a little tight for a couple of seasons to come. But it never hurts to ask right?
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Anime hyper
Lol, I'll see what we can do with JoJo, Monster and Master Keaton. Oh wait and Hetalia, and Toriko. Did I miss anything?

With all the $ that Neon Alley is taking for initial infrastructure, I can only guess that the overall anime acquisitions budget might be a little tight for a couple of seasons to come. But it never hurts to ask right?

Anything you guys can do.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
So I heard recently VIZ Eu branch got Magi. Any chance of the U.S. Branch airing the series on Neon Ally if Aniplex gives it a dub!? Also really hoping VIZ picks up the Magi manga for a stateside release eventually *t'would be a day one purchase for me personally*
truanifan678

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I have a general question that I don't know if it's been asked yet...

I know some of the shows have DVDs planned (Berserk, Tiger & Bunny), but will we see other shows getting the disc treatment? I'm eagerly looking forward to Zetman dub and there are other shows on Neon Alley I'd love to not just watched dubbed, but to own on DVD.

Yes, yes neo-anime fans. I still prefer to buy my anime on discs and not just watch them on my computer. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4