• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Ok, so everyone but them on that bus is spoiler[either dead, or near death, right?] so I guess what I'm asking here is, spoiler[are Rin and Riki about to somehow save everyone from dying?]

Since when has a Key adaption done that? Wink

No doubt we will have a happy ending.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'll be happy about that
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
Actually in the VN, if Riki try to save everyone (like in the latest episode), both Riki and Rin spoiler[will be caught into the explosion (because of Riki's sudden narcoleptic fall and Rin couldn't leave him alone), thus everybody dies. Yup. Even Rin and Riki.]

If Riki just obeyed Kyousuke and save himself and Rin alone, both Riki and Rin spoiler[will survive, but everyone else dies, aka the hospital scene.] But then spoiler[Rin cheats and press the reset button with Komari's wish-granting star. They went back to the same spot they first woke up after the accident and episode 13]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote
gah, have the guts to actually kill someone and have it be permanent, like Misuzu in Air
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:17 am Reply with quote
Actually some part of me hopes that Riki and Rin spoiler[will be truly left alone and then they have to deal with the world and the situation they're living in.] Sometimes I really want Key to be more logical and reasonable rather than being magical and supernatural. If they want to show that miracle exists, just make it that they can overcome the sadness and move on in life despite of whatever happened, not spoiler[bringing people back from death].

Though, perhaps it's not most of the fans ask for.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
like Misuzu in Air

OF ALL THE ANIME CHARACTERS WHO DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE.....

Quote:
Actually in the VN, if Riki try to save everyone (like in the latest episode), spoiler[both Riki and Rin spoiler[will be caught into the explosion (because of Riki's sudden narcoleptic fall and Rin couldn't leave him alone), thus everybody dies. Yup. Even Rin and Riki.]

I can't believe I'm saying this...but that would be a good ending. It would be happy because everyone will still be together...but at the same time, realistic and would not feel cheap or like a cop-out as spoiler[wishing everyone back from the dead] Because with the latter, that would cancel out Riki's and Rin's character development entirely, making Kyousuke's actions totally pointless and I don't want that.
Those two either need to let go, or join the others.
Or the third option:
spoiler[the others still barely being alive and getting help in time.]

Quote:
Rin is much more of a crybaby

Okay, this bothers me. Not you, but Komari called Rin a 'crybaby' too:

A 'crybaby' is defined as someone who cries easily over trivial things.

HOW IS CRYING BECAUSE spoiler[ALL YOUR FRIENDS DIED] A TRIVIAL THING!?"
Usagi (Sailormoon) was accused of this too! Now Usagi is a crybaby but the senshi point this out in Stars after spoiler[their star seeds get taken, and they're all laying dying on the floor, Usagi's crying her heart out and we get "Our princess is such a crybaby".]
F*CK YOU. Twisted Evil

Lol, yeah, sorry but that makes me mad. What do these characters expect their surviving friend to do; throw a f*cking party!? What is wrong with them!?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quote
Okay, maybe I used the wrong term. What I mean is that Rin cries a lot more than in the VN. Still, for Komari spoiler[who should have already passed away peacefully with the others], Rin shouldn't cry like that. I kinda get why Komari called Rin that.

Anyway, the new teaser for Refrain DVD Special alias Little Busters! EX is already out!
I'm used to listen Tamiyasu as Zazami, so Zazami sounds a little unfamiliar to my ears.
There are 7 episodes for EX. Episode 1-4 are dedicated for Tokido Saya, episode 5-6 are for Zazazaza Zazami and episode 7 for Futaki Kanata. Sure it's not fair to have only one episode for Kanata, but she already got her share in the first season.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Kanata actually has the longest route (in times of word count) for the EX heroines, so it amuses me that they think they can do it all in one episode. I don't mind giving Saya the majority of the time though, I think that's for the best.

EDIT: Why do you say there are 7 episodes for EX when vol. 7 on Amazon clearly lists episodes 7-8 of EX?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Still, for Komari spoiler[who should have already passed away peacefully with the others], Rin shouldn't cry like that. I kinda get why Komari called Rin that.

Are you seriously saying a teenaged girl should not cry after her best friend dies?

When you attend a funeral for your friend because one of their friends or family member died, you don't tell them to "stop crying and get over it", now do you?

Do you?

No because death is sad and crying is a natural, HEALTHY human reaction.

Now if it's been a year or two after the death and the person is still crying like every day, that's one thing but...yeah, it's like characters expect other characters to be all okay after five minutes and it's like NO, humans don't work that way.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

EDIT: Why do you say there are 7 episodes for EX when vol. 7 on Amazon clearly lists episodes 7-8 of EX?

There's the information in the trailer. Around 0:06-0:08.
第七巻 二木佳奈多ルート (2話収録) / Episode 7 Futaki Kanata Route
I don't know what 2話収録 means, but I guess the episode contains some part that wasn't included in the first season. (Though actually, the story must be compressed as hell in only one single episode)
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
getchman wrote:
like Misuzu in Air

OF ALL THE ANIME CHARACTERS WHO DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE.....

yeah, I know. It really sucked
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

There's the information in the trailer. Around 0:06-0:08.
第七巻 二木佳奈多ルート (2話収録) / Episode 7 Futaki Kanata Route
I don't know what 2話収録 means, but I guess the episode contains some part that wasn't included in the first season. (Though actually, the story must be compressed as hell in only one single episode)

Ah, I'm pretty sure "2話収録" means that volume 7 will be containing 2 episodes.

Saya's arc will be vols 1-4
Sasami's arc will be vols 5-6
And Kanata's arc will be vol 7, but that volume has 2 episodes of her story.

At least, that's my guess.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13
Last episode, guys!

The first scene of Riki's spoiler[childhood accident] was quite traumatizing, especially when he spoiler[called his father and mother repeatedly with weak voice.]

And wow, I guess both Rin and Riki have a bright future. They can totally join spoiler[SAR Team] when they graduate Laughing

Actually I nearly cried at the scene when Rin and Rikispoiler[ found Kyousuke for the first time. Rin totally worried about him, she cried and desperately wanted to save him first, but Riki understood what's going on and they had to leave him like that.] And then Song for Friends started....

In the end, I really like spoiler[Mio-chin taking photos]. Really really like it. Also, spoiler[Kyousuke's always taking the good part. He's truly the best.]

And also, you guys should check the drama CD "Bokura no Asa" because it serves as the continuation right after Refrain ending. You really should. Seriously.

As for the overall score for this season and comparison with VN, I'll post it later :p
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm crazy, but it feels like the fact that they spoiler[skipped over what I assume was a normal ending (Riki and Rin are the only survivors) and jumped straight to the true/bonus/epilogue ending has the net effect of rendering the entire point of the show moot...]
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Huh, that felt like the kind of contrived super happy ending that usually only Hollywood feels compelled to tack on. As inadequately as the spoiler["wishing star" ending (spoiled above) was set up I kind of feel like some sort of miraculous explanation of their miraculously improbable 100% survival/ zero lingering injury escape needed to be given. One does not normally survive such a rolling bus crash, with or without an explosion, especially when apparently no one was even wearing a seat belt.]

Don't get me wrong, I like a happy ending, spoiler[but this comes close to the unbelievably happy ending of Mai Hime in which you're left wondering how there are absolutely no consequences.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 32