• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ixion Saga DT (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noctis313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
They changed a little the op and ed, haven't they?
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
this epi felt filler.

sure the sociopath girl with delusions of love was funny but it really didn't go anywhere.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
Noctis313 wrote:

I was thinking that too, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. The songs sounded different, but just slightly. Maybe the lyrics are different, but that I can't tell. Smile
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Noctis313 wrote:

I was thinking that too, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. The songs sounded different, but just slightly. Maybe the lyrics are different, but that I can't tell. Smile

It sounded to me like Kon's VA was singing them. I kind of missed Erec's groupies' singing in the ending...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, rehearing this week's OP and ED does make it sound that it is being sung by Kon's voice actor, this is most obvious in the ED which was previously promently sung by Erec's voice actor.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yeah, rehearing this week's OP and ED does make it sound that it is being sung by Kon's voice actor, this is most obvious in the ED which was previously promently sung by Erec's voice actor.

Both the Ending and Opening this week were "new" sung by Kon and Erec's seiyuu.

Erec's seiyuu did not sing the ending before (but I think you could hear Kamiyan's voice in the beginning of the song so maybe that is where the confusion lies).

Personally I like Kon and Erec's version much more, I hope they keep them for the remainder of the series.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure this Miranda role would have worked without Yuu, she's so perfect at making horribly annoying characters lovable.

And Marian is still one hell of a newhalf, if only real life were capable of that perfection.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm not sure this Miranda role would have worked without Yuu, she's so perfect at making horribly annoying characters lovable.

Yeah I remember she did a character in Daily Lives of Highschool Boys who should have been incredibly annoying, but ended up very funny and my favourite character on the show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh God, that Miranda chick was bloody annoying in the latest episode. I mean, shespoiler[ falls for one guy and then does the same in the very final moments again]. Lol @ her ways of jealousy and ways of treating Kon as well.

I gotta say though that the episode was also bloody entertaining.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
I love Ixion Saga, as I knew I would. I wish there were more intersexed, transgendered characters like Mariandale out there because she is the way it should be done(or at least close enough).
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Both the Ending and Opening this week were "new" sung by Kon and Erec's seiyuu.

I had skipped the OP and it took me a moment to realize that the ED had changed to the Erec version since that's the one I usually listen to so nothing felt out of place, LoL. That was a surprise though. I, too, hope they keep these versions for the rest of the series.

As for the episode... What was that? ^^; Though lacking of Erec sama, it still got a few chuckles out of me but was there any point to the episode at all?? ^^;;
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
Just got the 2nd BD for the series (only getting the 2nd and 3rd volumes for the event lottery application tickets. *shakes fist at Japanese marketing* >__<) and there was an interview with Kamiya (Erec sama) in it.

There was one interesting thing in the interview that I thought I'd share with everyone. Apparently Kamiya had auditioned for the role of Kon, and afterwards he was asked to also try auditioning for Erecpyle. They didn't have much of a description or any visuals of the character, so the only information Kamiya had beforehand was that Erec was the main character's rival. Kamiya was under the impression that Erec would be the "evil" character, but was asked to read the lines as if he were auditioning for the main character (the "good" guy). So he tried reading the lines as if he were the red ranger (leader) of a sentai group and got the part.

I thought it was a kind of funny way to contrast Kon and Erec's personalities.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I thought it was a kind of funny way to contrast Kon and Erec's personalities.

Yeah. Hot Girl is definitely manipulating both sides for some reason. I think she's convinced Erec that he's acting on the side of Justice. As for Kon: she brought him -- and specifically him -- to that land. They're both "Hyperion" (whatever that actually means) and they both have Alma weapons, and they both have reasons act aggressively (Kon *does* like his friends, even if he pretends he doesn't sometimes). So, the table has been set, and I would guess dinner will start when everyone reaches the capital.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14 was great, I had a big, stupid grin on all the way through.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Me too. And I can't help laughing at the "Iaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!" in the new ED version. I just wish I knew the context of that scream. Very Happy I've found English TL for the OP but so far no one seems willing to translate the ED.

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13