• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ixion Saga DT (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Ha! Kon totally owned Pet this time. Finally. And it looks like we'll finally get to the meat of the story with everyone spoiler[arriving in the Capital.] Looking forward to next week. Smile

Oh, and also: spoiler[the Princess seems to *really* like Kon.] I mean, I guessed it already, but this is about as obvious about it as she's been so far. Sadly, Kon remains unsurprisingly oblivious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14

Yeah a good episode, and Kon got the upper hand on spoiler[Pet, I love the way Pet tried to play it off by going on all fours and making cute sounds]. I found the conversation to be largely pointless, but there were some very funny bits like spoiler[awakening the M, Kon as a princess, and Kon finding mates.]

I always liked the fights between Kon and Pet, it makes him look so petty, but you knew there is more to Pet, he was suspicious since the begginning.

On other news, spoiler[it seems that the Princess has grown attached to Kon and does not want to see him go. Choosing the detour supposedly for the sweets, but the other three seem to see that the Princess wants to spend a bit more time with Kon.]
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote
*laughs* That was a great episode. Pet... XDDDDD Hosoya really is the dialect seiyuu. First Shiraishi from Tenipuri (Okinawa), then Arata from Chihayafuru (Fukui), and now Pet (Kansai). Great stuff!

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Me too. And I can't help laughing at the "Iaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!" in the new ED version. I just wish I knew the context of that scream. Very Happy I've found English TL for the OP but so far no one seems willing to translate the ED.

There's no context for the scream. It's just a continuation from the lyrics before it by adding in a scream. And then he coughs from screaming too much.

Btw the song includes lines about ripping off balls and stuff.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Btw the song includes lines about ripping off balls and stuff.
Thanks for the nightmares, I think I will be listening to that song less now.

Nah, I just listened to the song again "Lets go ED". At about 2:50 of the full song the characters do a couple variations the phrase. Laughing Why did the song have to be so catchy, possibly about the wrongest ED for me to grow attacged to since that one very manly Inukami ED. I feel ashamed for being a sucker to catchy tunes.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
At about 2:50 of the full song the characters do a couple variations the phrase. Laughing Why did the song have to be so catchy

Yes, the song is incredibly catchy. Love it! Anime hyper

I like Gustave's "Let's go ED, kabakura go go!" (Let's go to the cabaret) to which Erec sama responds, "Go by yourself!" best.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote
Oh nooooo! Episode 15 introduces a new ending theme!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

I'm sure everything will turn out alright in the end, thanks to randomly placed air-cats. Smile
Noctis313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Epi 18 - finally a consistent episode... laughed all the way from the beginning to the end
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
It's always better when Erec and the boys are in it. Smile

Episode 19 was fun. I'm not a fan of the demonic princess gag, but those eps do seem to let Mariondale shine, and Mariondale vs the karaoke machine's inner workings was hilarious. The visual of spoiler[the tiny whatever those guys were (fairies? dwarves? munchkins?) spilling out after her "oops, my hand slipped"] was priceless.

And then there was the Sisterhood's side of things. Jeez, even the controller was phallic. Smile The end credits were great too. Refreshing after the boring ED we've been stuck with lately.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The series was going down hill for me recently but both episodes 18 & 19 were hilarious.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Poor, Erec sama. All he wanted to do was sing... Love how he went to scream in the bathroom, LoL. XDDD The closing time thing at the end made me laugh too.

Can't wait for the release of the character songs!
Noctis313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
The series was going down hill for me recently but both episodes 18 & 19 were hilarious.

I wouldnt say it was going dow the hill, but wasnt hilarious as epi 18 and 19
Noctis313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Noctis313 wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:

I wouldnt say it was going down the hill, but wasnt hilarious as epi 18 and 19 came out to be
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Just caught up on episodes 15 to 19 after not having internet since my previous post, kind of sad they changed the ED when I was saying how I liked it before. The new ED sucked in comparison.

One thing that got on my nerve was that I can't place the seiyuu of that Alan guy from episode 17, his voice sounded so familiar but no sites seem to have the listing of who he was voiced by.

As for highlights in the 5 episodes: Erec with the ash, mostly from how it affected Kon. The king saying something really cool before his accident. Kon getting the folk song stuck in his head. The multiple underground groups. Marian's duet, there are times when she shines, and from some personal level seeing Kon hit Pet with the microphone, I don't know why.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
One thing that got on my nerve was that I can't place the seiyuu of that Alan guy from episode 17, his voice sounded so familiar but no sites seem to have the listing of who he was voiced by.

Shiraishi Ryouko. =3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13