• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
image with your profile

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goddess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quote
When members post topics, I noticed that some of them have an image in the box where it says 'Author'. I was wondering how do you get an image with your profile. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:44 pm Reply with quote
its an avatar, you can upload one by going to Profile on the right at the bottom of the page
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I would have posted this in the avatar sticky forum, but it's locked?

Step 1 complete
Step 2 complete
Step 3 complete
General Error

Happens every time I try to upload an avatar from my computer. I do all the steps correctly, I don't know what else to do. Someone help me please! I'm so frustrated right now!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
General Error

All it says is "General error", Nothing else?
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Edit:The general error says invalid session. I've also read your invalid season post, I use AOL but don't have another service. What do I do? The thing I don't get is that it used to work. My file was to big. After fixing that (i think) it doesn't?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:37 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
I use AOL but don't have another service.

Do you use that proprietary AOL browser as well? Try using official MSIE (not the one included in your AOL CD-ROM) or Firefox instead. Furthermore, make sure your image file is in JPEG (.jpg) or GIF (.gif) format. Using those "TopSpeed Technology" offered by AOL will compress all displayed images using its proprietary ART format (.art). See this page for more information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dagwood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Edit: I used MSIE, and as you can tell it worked! Very Happy Thanks dormcat and tempest for your help.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1