• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou) (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I actually think the obvious answer is to spoiler[have Shiina paint Sakurasou. Not a painting of it, mind you, but to turn the actual building into one big canvas. Kind of like what she did in Sorata's room, only bigger scale. That way it becomes a Mashiro Shiina original and they can't demolish it.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious as to how they plan to fit 4 more light novels worth of material into the last 4 episodes. Perhaps i'm wrong, but I thought the plan was to end the light novel at the same time as the anime ended. I believe right now we are at Vol 6 since that's when spoiler[Nanami fails her audition], if Wikipedia is to believed

On another note, looks like the spoiler[Nanami] ship is slowly taking on water, which is unfortunate.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
Later LN volumes go beyond the current 3rd years' graduation and introduce more characters that will very likely not be included in the anime. With the current pacing, I'm expecting that the anime will incorporate elements from later volume into the story and end with the Graduation Ceremony instead.
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm so annoyed that the Nanami ship is taking on water lol.

I had read a while back that Nanami's audition spoiler[goes down the tubes and she goes back home], but I'm still annoyed by it.

Honestly, this is the first time I've actually gotten annoyed with a MC's choice of partner. It's a strange feeling haha.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm right there with you.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Well since we're still building up to the climax, it should come as no surprise that things keep getting worse.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
Whoa, this episode is spoiler[annoying as hell] and I think the whole series is pretty much like that, about spoiler[the ugly reality of this unfair world.]

I can totally sympathize with the characters, especially because I had the pretty much same problems, spoiler[for not being talented at all, having my best friend become much much successful and people even started to get close to me just to take the attention of the real genius and pretty much just using me] But it's all over now, fortunately.

And, Shiina's decision spoiler[ to leave Sakurasou, saw that coming. I bet actually both Nanami and Sorata were pretty mad that their hardworks were shredded into nothingness, while the genius easily made her way out everywhere. Saying something like "friendship is all that matters" is too naive, but maybe that's the point of this anime?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 21

Things just keep getting worse, and characters actually started up rather optomistic. Firstspoiler[ Nanami finaly cracks, the failure that resulted from her two years of work finally takes its toll and she spontanously starts crying. And when Sorata is rerturning he finds out that he failed in his game proposal, the reason being that another used what is popular to secure the rythem genre]. Somehow he manages to spoiler[get off the ground and ends up feeling depressed with Nanami in the rain. Nanami's seiyuu does some pretty good work, with just being so hurt. The two end up talking as they take a rest], they are just so exhausted.

Though when he spoiler[wakes up he thinks that he has failed, it is late and he was not out getting signitures]. But the rest of the gang are spoiler[not bothered, that he already did enough, and as the rest of the gang go to Nanami he is with Mashiro]. He then has to explain to spoiler[her that it is over, and while she has one of the few times her emotions break her voice he flashes to the notes, but she shakes off the thoughts]. I found there was good use of Mashiro's line spoiler[that he is a liar], as it had previously beenused as comic relief. But as they get back to Sakurasou the spoiler[worst thing happends, there is a letter from the game company, offering Mashiro a position as a designer. In that moment it would be almost impossible for him not to hate her, just drawing a picture was enough for her to get what he wants].

The end of the episode has spoiler[Mashiro leaving, she thinks/knows it is her fault]. You might complain that Sorata is annoying, what with him being hurt by failure so much, or even that the constant failure is annoying. But I see it that he really is human, somtimes life just screws you, and yes it can be harsh, and often nothing can go your way. I feel like this has been one of the strongest examples about the difficulties of life, and how humans can just fall from constant struggles that I have seen in anime.

So we all passed this show off as a wish fulfilment anime at the beggining right?
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I love how this anime is shredding people's pre-conceived notions.

I also love this arc. Life is like that. You work your ass off for something but find out, actually, that's not what you're meant to be doing. As you get older you start to see how damn good you are at things you never thought you would be. Or, as in my case, you realize hidden talent you always knew existed but never had the chance to utilize.

It's all about the road you travel in life. Sometimes you just aren't ready for certain things and need experience to temper you to handle those successes (or failures). You need to go through the hard knocks.

Imho, Sorata and Nanami's dreams weren't really worthwhile dreams in the first place. They just fell into them. Nanami after a teacher said she had a lovely voice and Sorata after seeing Nanami work so hard and Mashiro be so successful.

Everyone is talented in their own way. It's up to them how their going to utilize that talent. But first they have to self-discover and explore their own talents to figure out how and what they can do about it. For example, I'm exceptionally good at managing, coaching, and developing people. However it took me years to get into a role where I could do that, and years again to get into an organization where I have the freedom to do it the way I needed to and always wanted.

Sorata and Nanami need to find out what talents they really have (they are both very good at supporting others, so that would definitely be a part of it) and work on developing those and building their dreams around them.
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[This episode kind of made me choke because of all the sad moments, but god, I found it horrible at the ending with that cliffhanger. Damn you Shiina, and your genius self!]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Such is the teenage years. I mean, how many of us had a dream when we were younger, and are actually living it now?

On another note, I think this shows why Sorata and Nanami are the better couple. They can understand each other, relate to each other, and bear their burdens together. While Mashiro is a nice girl, she lacks the ability to really empathize with Sorata and his problems. There will always be that disconnect between them that would prevent a lasting relationship. I think the best way to put it is Mashiro is the girl you date, Nanami is the girl you marry.

Lastly, in regards to the rythm game that beat Sorata out... I wonder if that's how many people see the anime industry these days? People with fasinating and interesting ideas being tossed aside in favour of projects that go with what's popular just to sell.
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Such is the teenage years. I mean, how many of us had a dream when we were younger, and are actually living it now?

On another note, I think this shows why Sorata and Nanami are the better couple. They can understand each other, relate to each other, and bear their burdens together. While Mashiro is a nice girl, she lacks the ability to really empathize with Sorata and his problems. There will always be that disconnect between them that would prevent a lasting relationship. I think the best way to put it is Mashiro is the girl you date, Nanami is the girl you marry.

Lastly, in regards to the rythm game that beat Sorata out... I wonder if that's how many people see the anime industry these days? People with fasinating and interesting ideas being tossed aside in favour of projects that go with what's popular just to sell.

Spoilers, spoilers everywhere.

But yeah, I really want Nanami and Sorata to get together. They seem more cute.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Eh, only that last bit is a spoiler. But really you shouldn't check this thread if you haven't seen the episode yet...
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Thats true, but sometimes, people are just too impatient. :p
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
In which case they're likely looking for spoilers in the first place Anime smile + sweatdrop
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 24