• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou) (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
EP 24 Finale

That was a very satisfying ending. It tied up, I believe, all the loose ends. I was glad to see that Yuuko passed, but one has to question her common sense for thinking 66 was 99. All of the romantic duos kissed, although Sorata did get cockblocked by his cat, Hikari. But Mashiro still gave a tease. I had a feeling Misaki wouldn't wait for Jin to return to hand in the marriage registration.

I gave this an Excellent. I loved all of the characters and I especially loved the realistic approach.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24/Finale
It's over!

Well, I actually enjoyed this series although there were moments imo that didn't click right. It does seem that the finale wraps up everything together. All the memories, damn.

Lol @ all the spoiler[kisses in this episode especially Ryuunosuke/Dragon]. spoiler[Too bad Kanda-kun didn't get one directly on the lips. Oh well, maybe next time. At least a cheek kiss is better than nothing.]

spoiler[The new residents are kinda funny as well especially that pervert guy with the headphones]. Overall, I rate this series very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm sad, because it's done. I used to think nothing was going to knock Toradora off the throne of favorite comedy-flavored high school drama, but I'm not so sure, now. The show had stumbles, but it's so rare to see a show engage recognizable drama in a recognizable manner.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I'd say that the show was pretty darn solid overall. Gotta love spoiler[Yuuko being "picked on" at the very end. Her reactions are priceless Very Happy] I'd love to see the story continue from here, but I'm glad they summarized the entire series at the very end. It kinda shows that the studio producers were proud to look back and show us what all the characters had gone through in the series, making them feel more "alive."
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes, an excellent end with the potential for continuation.

Heh, with Hikari that makes 3, so I guess this was a harem show after all! Laughing

"If you say it was actually 66 I'm not your brother anymore." Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24 (finale)

I love this show, this was a beautiful ending that worked on everything that happened on the series, but also gave the feeling that it also another begining.

Rita got Ryuunosuke to spoiler[let his guard down and she kissed him], Jin spoiler[kissed Misaki and promised to marry her when he got back, although] Misaki does not look like she waited. And when Sorata and Mashiro are alone, Mashiro wanted to spoiler[try and have a kis, though Hikari got jealous and stopped it, personally I am kind of happy with it just be the cheek as perhaps it would have been cheapened if they did it just because of the others.] I do like how she added herself into the painting, that was sweet.

But it did not end: There are new aplicants with a supposed pervert and introverted top student. Nanami spoiler[is back by convincing her parents to let her continue, and] Sorata is preparing a meal for the new people. Some funny events with the new kids getting freaked out, well until the pervert ends up happily obliging Mashiro asking him to "take it off". But really the surprise came from the dinner, there were spoiler[three new people, Yuuko managed to make it in and when asked was a little vague about the her number ending in 99 not being final, it turns out it was 66 and Sorata decided to disown her for her] stupidity. And to finish off the new spoiler[married neighbour] to Sakurasou decided to drop in yes it was spoiler[Misaki]. Wait I thought the headphones were familiar, ther "pervert", Iori Himemiya, is the brother of Saori Himemiya, the girl who was dating previous president.

And then we get a reel of scenes from the series with various quotes done to Days of Dash, quotes of their dreams, of their life, of drama, of their feelings, and of their pain. And as it reaches the most painful quotes and gloomiest scenery the music silences, and then spoiler[explodes again with the running scene during the fireworks that wonderfully used Days of Dash earlier]. And we finish of with the more hopefull quotes and of the visuals of their successes with the festival and graduation. Doing that was amazing just gave me a sense of being alive. And we have the bookend of Mashiro question of what colour you want to be and her painting of Sakurasou including the new characters, fitting what she said Mashiro put spoiler[Yuuko in painting like how Ryuunosuke was added into the photo of when Sorata started there].

I can't give this series anything less than an Excellent, it was choppy at times, but the series had a sense of realism in terms of failure that worked so wonderfully with the drama. And I think the quotes in the series were often magnificent, sometimes hillarious, sometimes profound, something I would really like to get a list, the end reel just made this more obvious. I have said this before, but I never expected to enjoy Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as much as I did I think that I consider it now one of my favourite J.C. Staff anime, very close to say Toradora, maybe just missing out because Sakurasou did not yet get to the two character becoming an official couple. Another season even looks like a cool possibility, perhaps joining the main couple and ending the harem, but as this series was, it was amazing.

I love a series that can make me laugh one moment and cry the next, and Sakurasou did this very well. And in my opinion Days of Dash is a great vehicle for those feelings.
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
I would readily accept another season with the new characters.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quote
It's a satisfying ending. I just love how the show depicts the tragedy of failures, ups and downs of life, and in the end they put the message that your hardwork will surely paid off.

The light novel is still ongoing, right? So, season 2 is actually possible, and if they decide to make it, I will gladly welcome it. If they don't, it's okay because the season 1 itself is already perfect as it is.

I'll have it listed as Very Good, and this series is really worth recommending.
Personally, I didn't have any intention to watch this series until someone recommended this to me, because Sakurasou looks like generic ecchi anime. Glad that my opinion changed along the episodes.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
well done Hikari, very good Kitty. That was a very excellent show, and I rated it as such. everything was nicely wrapped up but left an opening for another season, which I certainly hopes happens, but with the Korean dish and graduation episode issues, it's hard to know what will happen.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
... That feel when you realize there won't be any Sakurasou today Sad
sphyre052

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quote
It would be nice they finish the whole novel and turn it to season 2. Where spoiler[Shina became Sorata's girlfriend] I hope that will come true. Anime hyper [/spoiler]
sphyre052

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 am Reply with quote
It would be nice they finish the whole novel and turn it to season 2. Where spoiler[Shina became Sorata's girlfriend] I hope that will come true. Anime hyper
Saber1213

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
Season 2!!! I felt the ending was satisfying, but it also nicely set things up for another season. There were also more loose threads than I would care for.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
Finished this series a few weeks ago. The husband and I were watching it together. I got depressed and had to put it on hold until the entire thing finished. Although, it was oddly refreshing to see spoiler[people failing for once instead of this perfect world where all the stars align for everyone.] I'm always bummed when spoiler[ the girl I like the best isn't chosen.] Such is life. I think my favorite pairing was Dragon and Foreigner. Smile In a strange way, my husband and I were reminded of our relationship. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bin1127

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 am Reply with quote
Finally got around to finishing the series and I'm glad I didn't drop it halfway. The premise with Mashiro being autistic was dangerous grounds to walk on but the author didn't go out of it's way to make fun of autistic people. It didn't get tasteless at anytime and just served as premise for otaku baiting. Which is fine cause that's the show.

Until you finish the show and really see how the theme of trying to measure yourself against geniuses around you becomes central to the anime and you can feel the show has a real message behind it.

It was able to keep up with the comedy, great animation and with the right amount fanservice. Really sad now to see the finish of the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 24 of 24