• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Abenobashi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
well, just when I thought there couldnt be any thing better, along comes Gainax to beat in my skull with a guitar.

This show was not only the funniest thing I have ever seen, save fore the space jeasus (inside joke). and i woundered what other people thought of it.

Last edited by Sousuke Segari on Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
JackBassV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Giant (Dancing) Mushrooms Rule!

On a more serious note: Only seen the first part (and the trailer) but really loved it.

JBV^_^
Animefan16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I watched it on TAN and I thought it was even funnier than FLCL. The DBZ parody was the best part.
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:56 am Reply with quote
I love magical shopping arcade abenobashi Very Happy . it never fails to make me laugh. There are so many parodies and inside jokes in there that it makes my head want to explode.

if you are interested i suggest you check out the extra commentary and stuff.

you will be amazed....i was Shocked .
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote
The last episode is somewhat of a cop-out; on the other hand, it's the best explanation of the basic Gainax worldview that we've ever seen. You can argue pretty well that Abenobashi crystallizes the argument for a "conceptual" reality that Gainax makes throughout all of their works, really, starting all the way back with Daicon III
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
I thought that the Evangelion Music During the giant robot episode was great, and when sashii turned into Kenshiro, and then screamed ADRIAN! I about fell out of the chair.

Also I really liked the naimation and the audio comentary was also great, It made me fell like I was watching the Najica Comentary agin.
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quote
well I got to see more of it and i loved the episode were they got thrust into the world of all school girls, the Rei joke from the alternate world in the last epi of Eva was great. the fact that both asuka and Rei were there made it worth while. I freaking Love this Show.
Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I watched the 1st dvd, I own it, and I loved it but due to the fact that I really prefer to not spend money on too much anime I never got around to finishing the collection. I loved the show I thought it was great. I thought it was funny when he is peeing in the space station (second or third episode i think) and he says "peeing in space this is so sci-fi" or something like that. Overall better than FLCL just because there is actually a bit of a story and structure plus there is great amounts of room for parody of everything Laughing Still I do like flcl but this tops it by just a little
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I really didn't find it that amusing. I watched it once, and then sold it because it really wasn't up my alley.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1