• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. TV Channel Chiller Adds Horror Anime on Mondays

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Descendants of Darkness gets a lot of air time! Good show. Cool
Shepperoni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Well it doesn't sound like Chiller will be showing anything that hasn't already shown on Sci Fi's (hate the new name) Animonday at this point. But I figure the more anime on t.v., the better! Wink
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Cool - nice to see people wont suffer for lack of places to watch anime.

I cant believe that stupid name change to Siffy... but there are people that like it...
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Too bad they didn't get Higurashi, that would be really nice, but it's Funimation.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Let's see if this turns my mom into an otaku. I swear, every time I visit her she's watching Chiller, but I still somehow doubt she'll watch this.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Good news on STARZ renewing their deal with SyFy though. I had worried for a bit that the switch to SyFy might mean they'd remove anime programming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
R.G.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I would have loved for Chiller to include the classic Hellsing but this is better than nothing.
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Descendants of Darkness getting some more airtime. (Maybe this is a sign it'll probably get rescued)

Now, why the hell did the Sci-Fi channel have to change its name to a Polish word for "crap"? What the fudge are they smoking?
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
Good to see Descendants of Darkness getting some more airtime. (Maybe this is a sign it'll probably get rescued)

Now, why the hell did the Sci-Fi channel have to change its name to a Polish word for "crap"? What the fudge are they smoking?

Supposedly it's because they can't trademark "Sci-Fi", but they can trademark SyFy. That and the whole thing in their original press release about how "Sci-Fi" evokes nerds who are socially inept.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh LORD they are showing Vampire Wars?
Whos bright idea was THAT?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Good. This should lead to more companies making deals to show anime on Sy-Fy(or however they spell that).
B-503_MIA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote

Is that true!??! If so, that's absolutely hilarious...

Maybe that was cleverly by design though, I mean, what else could you call stuff like "Ice Spiders" & "Snakehead Terror" Anime hyper
cherrywolfchan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wish they would have been able to have gotten Higurashi or Hellsing instead, but ah, what the heck. I'm glad there is even anime on other channels.

Though I will never forgive my Dish provider and Voom for taking away my Monster Channel and replacing it with this Chiller Channel... anime or not... Neutral But at least Chiller Channel is a little cooler now.
MysteryGreenTea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Seriously? xD Haha! I didn't know about the Polish word thing. That's funny! ^^ Sci-Fi's new logo makes it seem less...scary maybe? xD The fonts all bubbly. hehe!

But, wow Desendents of Darkness is going to be on tv again? ^^
Must take note of this... ^^
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Too bad they didn't get Higurashi, that would be really nice, but it's Funimation.

Higurashi is not FUNimation. The license still belongs to Geneon. FUNimation solely acted as a DVD distributor for that, Shakugan No Shana, Black Lagoon, Nanoha, Familiar No Zero, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2