• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Air the TV series

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Around yesterday, I watched the first episode of Air

OMG! For a TV series, the animation quality is SERIOUSLY high; it's almost close to OVA quality. Not to mention some of the comedic parts were actually simplistic but really funny. There's been quite of bit of hype in this series, and so far it's living up to it.

Great way to start the new year! Very Happy
Diedrupo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Air is my most anticipated anime of the year. :) I can't wait to see how the story unfolds.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote
yeah I was looking foward to it alot. Since everyone I knew who had played the game was like Mike if you liked Kanon you will love Air and so Far im really liking it.

To bad the odds of this or Kanon getting Liscened anytime soon are small.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
JackBassV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
As I pointed out in the Ah My Goddess thread, After AIR, AMG looks drab to say the least.

I really hope the story quality matches that of the animation, the series certainly starts well on that score.

If it turns out to be a new Kanon, I'll be truly happy.

The music is good too - always a good thing.

JBV^_^
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote
JackBassV wrote:
As I pointed out in the Ah My Goddess thread, After AIR, AMG looks drab to say the least.

I'm not sure how you get drab out of it. I'm also not certain why you comparing them, considering that AMG is animated by AIC, while Air is animated by Kyoto Animation. Innocence has some of the best animation I have ever seen, but that doesn't make other titles look "drab" in comparison.
kainzero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
this series is friggin awesome.

i'm a huuuge kanon fan (although the ending was quite confusing. ayu's story is trippy). i'm the type that tries to do as little research as possible when it comes to anime, rpg, movies, etc. and i was not disappointed at all with air. in fact, i was really impressed.

the animation is awesome. i don't know how they could afford to do it, and i pray they didn't blow 75% of the budget on the first episode Anime hyper;

even when the guy was fighting with the little girl, it had more animation than most fighting anime Anime hyper

key also has a knack for producing likeable male protagonists... something that most anime in the same genre never does =P

damn that mom is hot
JackBassV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
I'm not sure how you get drab out of it. I'm also not certain why you comparing them, considering that AMG is animated by AIC, while Air is animated by Kyoto Animation.

I watched AIR then AMG (both raw) back to back.

AMG appeared drab after watching AIR. It's not drab, in fact the animations is pretty good for a TV series. It only appeared drab in comparison.

Note to Kainzero:
Have you seen Kazehana (Wind Flower)?
It takes the end of Kanon and extends it.

Kanon is one of the few programs of any kind to make me cry (Mokoto's story and Ayu's tree).

JBV^_^
kainzero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Have you seen Kazehana (Wind Flower)?
It takes the end of Kanon and extends it.

yep. it seemed more like a bonus than a real ending though.

i'm a guy so i don't cry =P but to me, i thought that nayuki's entire story was sad =\

Makoto's story was sad too, but I really liked her story. Actually, I liked everyone's story except for Mai (wtf was going on? I have no clue) and I was a bit disappointed with the soapy coma ending, but otherwise, I thought Kanon was REALLY good.

Unless Air somehow manages to disappoint (which I doubt right now), I see it catapulting into my favorites list =P I love the animation!
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
JackBassV wrote:

I watched AIR then AMG (both raw) back to back.

AMG appeared drab after watching AIR. It's not drab, in fact the animations is pretty good for a TV series. It only appeared drab in comparison.

I see. I could understand why it would seem that way then Smile
JackBassV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quote
kainzero wrote:
I'm a guy so i don't cry =P but to me, i thought that nayuki's entire story was sad =\

Makoto's story was sad too, but I really liked her story. Actually, I liked everyone's story except for Mai (wtf was going on? I have no clue)

I'm a guy too, but it doesn't stop me from crying when watching anime Razz Nothing else affects me that way, just anime - strange Wink

And Mai's arc is the low point for Kanon - enjoyable but not as good as the rest.

Back on track:
Anyone know when AIR Ep 2 is out?

Just looked at the official website, and it only lists the original date and time. Is it weekly?
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Talk about surprising. For a show mind blowing animation, I just hope it sticks. But the comedy is great, its not so anime-stereotypically over the top and schtick reliant. Personal favorite is the bit with the signs. I have no idea what the general story is but I'm really intrigued because it seems like things are going to go in a totally different direction from what it comes off as. Ah! My Goddess wasn't half bad either (watched it after Air but it didn't diminish my enjoyment of it). But yeah it looks like the New Year of anime is off to a good start.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2 is out.

Animation is still very consistant and very high; I wonder what the series would look like on HDTV? Rolling Eyes
I just hope this consistancy sticks for the rest of the series. As for the episode itself, they left on a cliffhanger where
spoiler[Kano is being surrounded with some weird magical aura. And did anyone noticed the cameo characters from Kanon?]
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Just watched it last night. I really like the show but it seems like it took a sharp turn. I'm not familiar with Kanon so maybe that's why I'm finding the cliffhanger of episode 2 so odd. I thought things would lead in more gradually. And just to comment so far my favorite character is Misuzu's mom.
Nionel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it, I'm hoping to see the second episodes soon, but I'm curious...I haven't seen any of Kanon, so, would it be worth watching that too since I enjoy this?

Anyway, and even though it's been pointed out before, I loved this show's animation, and I hope to see it stay cocsistant for the rest of the series, btw, any guess on how long of a series this will be?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote
It's supposed to be 12 eps.

As for the animation, of course the rest of the series will have the same quality. Kyoto animation is doing it, the same people that did FMP: Fumoffo, which is also had some pretty good animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4