Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shugo Chara's New Series to Reportedly Start in October


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Splitter



Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 1169
Location: Knockin' on Heaven's Door

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:37 am Reply with quote
Kids in Japan got great taste.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
uicno



Joined: 29 Apr 2008
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:48 am Reply with quote
i suppose shugo chara! is the new sailor moon in japan..i really like the anime so it's good they're going to air more episodes Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FireChick



Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 994
Location: United States

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:58 am Reply with quote
WHOA! A THIRD SEASON?!? Wow, I have a LOT of catching up to do (is only at episode 66)! I think this is Peach-Pit's most popular series ever! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prnoct90



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
is this even following the manga anymore. There giving it no time to catch up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
Nearly 100 episodes in and already a new edition is in. Talk about shoujo popularity. Then again, past shoujo shows have had over 100 episodes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
conankudo4



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 10
Location: lock haven, pa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
prnoct90 wrote:
is this even following the manga anymore. There giving it no time to catch up.


It's been on filler mode for the last half of a year. They just stopped it about 3 weeks ago, and they're finally back to the main stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bci110



Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
I guess I can safely say that Shugo Chara is going to be the shojo version of Pokemon.

Not that I'm complaining or anything - I love this series and I'm glad that it's been renewed for a third season. Maybe the mystery of Amu's fifth Guardian Character that I was reading on the Cruchyroll forum might surface in the upcoming series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FireChick



Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 994
Location: United States

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
I wonder if during the third season...Dia will FINALLY STAY out of her egg and be by Amu's side on a regular basis!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wandering-dreamer



Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 1711

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
Wow, I'm at least 30 episodes behind too. Dang, it's marathon time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bci110



Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I wonder if during the third season...Dia will FINALLY STAY out of her egg and be by Amu's side on a regular basis!


Gee, I've been waiting for Dia to come out of her egg since the start of Doki. But yeah, it would be great if she becomes a permanent member of the cast. Dia is one of my favorite Charas and I would love to see some episodes involving her and Amu-chan; maybe explore their relationship a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Shugo Chara is steadily becoming one of the hottest shoujo properties in America as of recent. Maybe I should start getting into it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
samuelp



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1512
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
FireChick wrote:
I wonder if during the third season...Dia will FINALLY STAY out of her egg and be by Amu's side on a regular basis!


Gee, I've been waiting for Dia to come out of her egg since the start of Doki. But yeah, it would be great if she becomes a permanent member of the cast. Dia is one of my favorite Charas and I would love to see some episodes involving her and Amu-chan; maybe explore their relationship a bit.


One of the things that might be preventing just such a scene is the fact that Dia is voiced by the same seiyuu as Amu. She'd end up having to converse with herself and the way anime voices are usually recorded in Japan (everyone in the same room) wouldn't work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zalis116
Moderator


Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 5576
Location: Arcana City

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote
YES to moar Shugo Chara!! I'm about 7 episodes behind, and I'd been worrying that 14 more episodes wouldn't be enough to resolve the main plot.
conankudo4 wrote:
prnoct90 wrote:
is this even following the manga anymore. There giving it no time to catch up.


It's been on filler mode for the last half of a year. They just stopped it about 3 weeks ago, and they're finally back to the main stuff.
I don't read the manga... so wait, the whole spoiler[Lulu-Nana-Mystery-Egg thing ] was filler? I guess that's not too surprising, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1660

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I don't read the manga... so wait, the whole spoiler[Lulu-Nana-Mystery-Egg thing ] was filler? I guess that's not too surprising, though.


It was filler. The manga only has about 45 chapters as of now.
bci110 wrote:
Maybe the mystery of Amu's fifth Guardian Character that I was reading on the Cruchyroll forum might surface in the upcoming series.


Wait, Amu has a FIFTH Chara?

[Do not double-post.~Zalis]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 928

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Shugo Chara is probably one of the better running shows out there right now from what I've been hearing. I have yet to watch it at all, but I may start if it's getting a third season, and if it's getting this good reviews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group