• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Madlax DVD Complete Collection

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
If this rerelease precludes all extras, then I'm relieved to have gotten and still have the singles to this day. I can't imagine my collection without all those clever, witty dub skits the people of ADV did for it. It's so obvious they had a lot of fun with it.

So true. This part of the extras is worth rewatching because they're really funny, and display some actual thought and creativity. I guess the extras are a casualty to get the series down from 7 to 5 discs, but I'd highly suggest that anyone who plans to get this series gets the very cheap singles from Right Stuf. That's what I did, and I didn't regret it. Maybe it's not the greatest show, but it's good enough that the cheap price won't hurt.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:
If this rerelease precludes all extras, then I'm relieved to have gotten and still have the singles to this day. I can't imagine my collection without all those clever, witty dub skits the people of ADV did for it. It's so obvious they had a lot of fun with it.

So true. This part of the extras is worth rewatching because they're really funny, and display some actual thought and creativity. I guess the extras are a casualty to get the series down from 7 to 5 discs, but I'd highly suggest that anyone who plans to get this series gets the very cheap singles from Right Stuf. That's what I did, and I didn't regret it. Maybe it's not the greatest show, but it's good enough that the cheap price won't hurt.

Extras? This collection has no extras beyond a few trailers. Personally, this is the first anime I have ever watched where you can skip the first half of the show, skim through the sypnosis, and understand fully what is going on. It pisses me off that with the exceptionf of Dog of Flanders, this is the slowest paced anime, EVER. Bee Train is in my opinion, thw worst studio ever. Medabots is only a good show if you're an easily marketable 10 year old. And even that is a stretch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2