• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3 K-On! Image CDs Debut on Same Day, Rank in Top 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onemadcow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Retcon wrote:
Quote:
The "Cagayake! Girls" opening theme for the K-ON! anime peaked at #2 in April and has sold 1,459,000 copies as of this month.

Are you sure this is right? It sold a respectable 67k in the first week according to the other article, but the sales of these things are usually extremely front loaded. I have trouble believing it reached a monstrous 1.5 million from 67k in the first week. Are you sure the 1.5 million figure isn't the sale of all the K-ON! songs combined?

Oricon has apparently retracted the 1,459,000-copy statistic. It has edited its article to remove the sentence with the statistic.

With good reason. The best selling single of the year hasn't even sold 1 million copies yet. Don't say Lazy is actually the best selling K-On single with 162k copies sold so far, and Cagayake Girls has sold 146k copies so far.

A more impressive fact is that K-On music so far has had gross sales of $10.5 million
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
A good sales figure probably due to mixing moe and music. These are the types sales certain series on DVDs should have (though some have achieved it).
ricchan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Ritsu beat out Mugi?

That surprised me.

i love ritsu than mugi..
my username proves that... Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2