• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
500 Internal Server Error

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, I keep getting this whenever I try to reply to one specific topic (this one, if it matters). The error message just says "We're terribly sorry but an unexpected error occured while generating this page. A notification has been automatically sent to the webmaster and he'll look into the matter as soon as possible." I've been getting this for more than a week now, but only on that one thread -- and I think other people were able to post in there after I started getting the error message.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I've had major problems getting onto the site at all.
I've finally managed to get here by going directly through Bel and turning off the subscriber server redirect, but the news content is missing from the dront page and I'm getting
Quote:
We're terribly sorry but an unexpected error occured while generating this page.
A notification has been automatically sent to the webmaster and he'll look into the matter as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

In case it helps:

Quote:
wget -S --spider www.animenewsnetwork.com
--19:07:18-- www.animenewsnetwork.com/
=> `index.html'
Resolving www.animenewsnetwork.com... 66.207.164.5, 66.207.164.6, 66.207.164.4
Connecting to www.animenewsnetwork.com[66.207.164.5]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
1 HTTP/1.1 302 Found
2 Server: nginx/0.7.62
3 Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:07:49 GMT
4 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
5 Connection: keep-alive
6 Cache-Control: no-cache
7 Set-Cookie: redirected_from=; domain=www.animenewsnetwork.com; path=/; expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
8 Set-Cookie: redirected_from=%2F; domain=animenewsnetwork.com; path=/
9 Set-Cookie: ann_session_id=gw3fwh0w5repwtlo7rd0demkva5f03sa; domain=animenewsnetwork.com; path=/
10 Location: animenewsnetwork.com/news/
11 Content-Length: 103
--19:07:44-- animenewsnetwork.com/news/
=> `index.html'
Connecting to www.animenewsnetwork.com[66.207.164.5]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
1 HTTP/1.1 500 Error
2 Server: nginx/0.7.62
3 Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:07:59 GMT
4 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
5 Connection: keep-alive
6 Cache-Control: no-cache
7 Set-Cookie: ann_session_id=gw3fwh0w5repwtlo7rd0demkva5f03sa; domain=animenewsnetwork.com; path=/
8 Content-Length: 24078
19:07:54 ERROR 500: Error.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this is a new problem or not, but when I click on the "Anime News Network" banner at the top of the page, I get a "500 - Internal Server Error". The items on the right side of the main page, "Latest Articles" and such, display fine, but where the news would normally be it says:
Quote:
We're terribly sorry but an unexpected error occured while generating this page.

Thank you for your understanding.

At the bottom of the page, it says I'm on the peorth server. If I type "fast.animenewsnetwork.com" into the address bar of my browser, the main page comes up fine, using the normal fast/skuld server.

Since I have an easy work around it's no problem for me, but I just thought you might want to know about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1