• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fight Test

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suna_suna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
if i may, read this http://kotaku.com/5369773/super-street-fighter-iv-confirmed-is-standalone-title

it gives a reason for why they are releasing SSFIV as a standalone. they just couldn't do everything they wanted to as DLC. simple as that. there should be quite alot of changes to the existing characters as well as putting in 8 new characters. maybe they are nickel and diming a bit, but at least there's a good reason for the release.

same thing with Blazblue. from what i've seen and heard, there were some massive changes to several characters at the location test over the weekend. redesigned HUD and menus plus the new characters. also, since Continum Shift takes place after Calamity Trigger's true ending, the home release will certainly have an entirly new story mode. i know it's secondary, but i'm looking forward to that most of all.

for me, i don't buy many games anyway (always been more of a renter) but Blazblue is my personal game of the year. and i'm personally willing to buy another one, even at full price, as one of my few purchases next year
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Is it at all surprising that the variations on Street Fighter 4 have begun?
I like SF IV, but didn't like it enough to buy this standalone new game. fudge Capcom for not making this DLC.
Elwood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Hell, maybe I should hold off on buying Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom when it comes out, too. Who knows how long it'll be until the next version is announced?

Since we're technically getting the second version from Japan, I doubt another version will end up released. I'm just hoping it sells well enough to justify bringing over any sequels over here.

I expected this to happen with Street Fighter IV. For those not aware, every Street Fighter game has received this treatment, baring the original that is. These games aren't simply a change in the roster, they fix any issues with preexisting characters and add some more features here and there. Also this game isn't being sold at full price, and the things being added are to large for simple DLC.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quote
Another new SRW? Dammit... My wallet can't take any more...! Anime cry
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Love Plus sounds like fun! It kinda reminds me of the Tamagotchi. I wonder if it's possible to be dumped by your virtual GF? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3