• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act's Preview Movie Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well... spoiler[If Inuyasha and the gang assemble the full Shikon Jewl wouldn't Kouga have to give up his shards?]

I don't know if spoiler or not. I never read the manga, but it seems obvious to me.

spoiler[Well they did take the shard from the Noh Mask in Kagome's time. so there should be an extra shard inless the writer forget about it or retcon the thing. This did happen in the firstfew volumes/episodes. but I hopping she didn't. ]
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I believe we've all sort of look over the "Noh Mask" incident as one of those tragic monster-of-the-week fights that happens to undo a part of the lore.

But then hell, this is all time travel anyway... bizarre
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
*sigh* reminds me of the classic tale "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk..." You ungrateful punks! You are not entitled to dubs, even if the Japanese VA sounds like nails on a chalkboard, you're getting it SIMULCAST! and FREE! You're not having to pay $30 for a DVD that has maybe 4 episodes, you're getting it as Japan gets it! Seriously, people, this entitlement crap is pissing me off...

Agreed. Not only is this FREE, but its also being done by simulcast. As a fan of this series, you should be greatful that there even is a FREE simulcast going on, much less care about the smaller details.

Also, Rumiko Takahashi didn't have to make another season and Viz Meida didn't have to license it either. Be greatful there even IS a final season and licensed. There is seveal series that deserve a final season and to be licensed.

Seriously, this entitlement nonsense is exceptionally vexing.
g*ni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Uh... no, he's not a filler character.

Insofar that he's in the manga, too, at least.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my previous post. I meant Koga is a character they encounter in one of their adventures. In the anime he has a more prominent role that plays into the overarching story.

spoiler[In the manga his encounter with Inuyasha is similar to the anime. He's a character used one of many episodic stories that are told throughout the series. Unfortunately since he had jewel shards in his legs they needed to resolve that later on. But that's the extent of his role. In the anime he has greater involvement in the story and has a side story of his own with Ayame with whom he is betrothed.]

I'm surprised they showed him in the trailer. It is possible he has a small role in the upcoming anime as well. But hopefully they're not cutting volumes while decided to give more screen time to Koga.
Predatory_Instinct

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
Ranemoraken wrote:
I believe we've all sort of look over the "Noh Mask" incident as one of those tragic monster-of-the-week fights that happens to undo a part of the lore.

But then hell, this is all time travel anyway... bizarre

Actually, the Noh Mask episode is one of my favorites, mainly because the action took place in Kagome's timeline. It was a nice change to always being in the Feudal Era.

I think it would have been pretty cool if Naraku somehow found a way to travel to Kagome's time and fudge everything up there. It'd be a great movie idea.
CoolyChaN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:29 am Reply with quote
I think the anime is gonna left out a lot from the manga, but a least they take the liberty to end the anime Smile
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
CoolyChaN wrote:
I think the anime is gonna left out a lot from the manga, but a least they take the liberty to end the anime Smile
If it's like any of her other anime and manga, the production will have ended, but the story won't. Wink
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Starks wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Starks wrote:
Haterater wrote:
I just hope everything flows well and no rushing through manga events. Hoping for as little as filler as possible.

The first 2 episodes will cover 20 chapters worth of material.

...aaaaaaaaaand your source is? You may be right, I just like sources.
Source is the Yomiuri TV and Sunrise websites for the series as well as ANN.

The first 2 ep titles demand a rushing or skip through 20 chapters worth of material.

As far as ANN goes, either 13 or 26 episode is their default; if things run longer, they get episodes added later. We'll see what happens.

This whole series is going to be a trip down nostalgia lane for me. Inuyasha was one of my first series, and while in many ways I've long outgrown it, I can't really resist the temptation to see all the characters again and see them get the resolution the first anime never gave them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3