• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai no Ichizon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
It was when he was saying "Must people lose something of equal value to gain something of equal value?"

Then they did the right arm thing with the blue sparks
Shiggity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Haruhi and LS, and this had me ROFL-ing almost nonstop. I've not seen Higurashi and the like, but I've seen most of the others and I had a great time watching.

I loved it when in ep 2 spoiler[they were all picking on the Pres/Aka-chan, as Shizuru/Chizuru calls her, about reflecting on her bad midterm grades or w/e. AKA-CHAN.. Kneel!. LMAO]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
It is still being quite enjoyable, I liked the Death Note joke, I actualy kind of saw the reference as soon as he lifted up part of the notebook. It actualy made me think of Hayate which had an entire episode to Death note jokes. Actualy I wonder if it was a Geass reference also when spoiler[they got mind controled and their eyes were blank.]

Well I pretty much expect this to be mostly in the room, they actualy warn us at the begining of episode one as a reason they shouldnt get an adaption. I am quite likeing the characters and how they play with and against common traits to certain character types.

I seem to have fallen for a trick of the developers where I am likeing the younger sister who is gamer and plays yugioh cards, as I am a gamer who plays yugioh. Damn you for creating unrealistic characters that they know will will get the attention hooked of certain viewers.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote
ep 2, best part:
spoiler[
Ken: Have you ever seen me score a girl in real life?
Aka: No.
Ken: Well, that is proof that I do NOT mix reality with H-games!
Aka: Doesn't that make it even MORE painful?
Ken: You didn't have to say that!!
]

Honestly, this show's references are a bit too obvious. The characters are same-old, same-old, and I see it running out of steam in the not-so-distant future. Still... scenes like the one above get laughs out of me, so I'll just come back to it while I'm waiting on other episodes. Its at least been entertaining me more than Railgun has Razz ...
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh of course, how could i forget the:

spoiler[Biohazard/Resident Evil reference?] Very Happy
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
I laughed several times at the first episode (though the references were kind of overdone...) but I have a feeling this show'll get old really fast.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote
episode 3 wasn't that great, they toned down the jokes a lot to get in a episode with some form of a plot/drama.

spoiler[The president of the Newspaper taking action against the student council because she was only ranked 5 for the popular vote, meaning she was one place off from making it in to the council. Plus the whole thing with them finding out Ken two timed in middle school. which was thrown out the window at the end as they all seemed to forgive him for it. ]

Next episode looks good though. I hope they decide to expand on this little mini plot more later on though.
mow123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
While the parodies and references were still present, it appears that this series attempted to shift the direction of the series into a completely different direction. A few of the lines were entertaining, and helped contributed to the tone of the series. Didn't care much for the new character, especially since her animosity was so easily dissolved in a single episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
Not much to say, though still entertaining enough, my favirout parody was the Hell Girl one. I am kind of expecting that the new girl will be attracted in Ken, though he won't be interested because she is not part of the "harem". The character I am finding the most entertaining is the gamer addict, she is quite funny.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
She was quite funny, all she did was play on a psp when she was being interviewed Anime hyper
timesteel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
lol i was laughing so hard when i saw the higurashi reference
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 4 was pretty good, round about write story's to beat the Newspaper club.

Lets see we have a way to perfect student council story, a story with fighting, a boy's love story, a slave / master story, and last but not least the living in the student council room with 4 girls story Anime hyper

spoiler[After there rounds of failed story idea, they try a anime, which is a copy of Strike Witches. When that fails they try a video game which they failed the unlock code. When all media fails they do a PV with jokes with the backgrounds being in Higurashi]

Next episode is swimsuits and fanservice
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote
I found episode 4 especialy funny, just for starters the amount of parodies they had. Like for example the band, the anime and total stereotype genre.

Poor Ki-Kun, but I was laughing a lot at around 9:33 when spoiler[one of his character was put into a yaoi threesome, not to mention one was the villain from the previous story] Laughing , and he had to write that. But not to say that his dream was version was not totaly hilarous, though the delete buton was justified.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
The band was a K-on! joke as they where saying "Sell character CDs and make a lot of money"

along with Ki-kun making the "They get a 5th member later" Then they went off saying that the 5th member was younger then them and what not.

They where joking about how all the K-on! CDs are topping the charts along with the joke with a "5th member" talking about Azusa joining the K-on! band mid way though the series.

The Yaoi story was funny, the evil guy's name was just plain funny.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well I watched K-ON! every week during it's run so I am quite familiar with it, they already have made passing references already. But they actualy openly said that they are only doing it because it curently popular. Similar to how when they interupted the harem with a capitla H scene, he explained that it was only in for fan service to the male audience.

I also that Tv tropes already has a page for Seitokai no Ichizon anime, and the wikipedia page has been expanded to include names and descriptions of the main characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9