• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai no Ichizon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Niomo wrote:

Good point about the "in the end" comment. Who knows if they'll ever tell us.....if not, then to the manga! Anime hyper

As for the girls seeing through him...hm. I dunno about that. He is being normal Ken (vs Harem creepy Ken) around them when they are alone, after all. Hopefully they answer these questions...

In this last episode, it certainly seemed like Minatsu (the "scary" one) saw though it after the handshake thing at the end. Especially with her last words to him, you could see his eyes widening in surprise. OTOH, she appears to be the smartest of the girls.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop.

I don't think that she needs to spoiler["see through it," because at the beginning of the episode, Ken was saying "So that's why I'm..." and then she starts talking about his wounded heart. Although they don't tell us, it seems as though he has told her the reason he acts the way he does (we are assuming because of the muti-gf thing). So basically, I think she knows and is holding his secret.

The question though, is how does Minatsu's hand being calmer at the end of the episode make his scar heal? hmmm.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
Probably the most rememberal parts of the last ep was Ken and Mafuyu fighting over spoiler[BL novels or dating sims were better about human nature.] Also the Death Note running gag was good, I didn't expect them to bring it back like most of their gags but it was definetly enjoyable.

I am partialy thinking that the reason Ken is upset is that he hurt the girls in the multiple girlfriend incident, maybe there was nasty rumours that were started. This could explain why he tries to prevent stories being written about them. Well it looks like he is still hurting and Chizuru looks to have picked up on it. Possibly due to spoiler[she hurting herself, as she may have turned herself to act so cold from aparently used to be quite nice to stop herself feeling hurt.]

I also noticed a while back the changing ed songs, partialy from each time feeling a bit different and a site I use to download songs had multiple versions. My favirout ed song so far was the one which sounded like a bad karaoke session, kind of reminded me of Konata Izumi's particulary funny version of the Dragonball z song.
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
This could explain why he tries to prevent stories being written about them. Well it looks like he is still hurting and Chizuru looks to have picked up on it. Possibly due to spoiler[she hurting herself, as she may have turned herself to act so cold from apparently used to be quite nice to stop herself feeling hurt.]

I thought he wanted the stories to be written? He didn't seem to be anti-newspaper story when that girl was interviewing him for the paper. He told the truth, hence why we know about the multiple girl thing.

And I think you hit upon something. The second handshake fortune telling makes a bit more sense now. She became more calm after meeting with her long lost friend, possibly suggesting to Ken that that is what he needed to do to heal his heart.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10!

spoiler[Who the hell do you think I am! Kamina death reference ftw!]

For whatever reason, the "Kenichi dies in black and white" scene reminded me spoiler[of when Kenshin] spoiler[dies in Samuari X]

Besides that, I didn't notice any other references, though I'm sure to have missed one or two others.

To the story: It wasn't bad. They still are slowly dancing around Ken's past/the girls real feelings for him and it's getting to the point where they either need to make one of them actually confess or to at least give us some more Sugisaki Ken history lessons. With only 3 episodes left for the season, I probably shouldn't expect more than what we have seen, but imo, it definitely is interesting.

As for ken's actions in this episode, they were the usual fare until the end. Ken once again tried to stay behind to do all the work himself. In previous episodes, he said that he does this so they can have fun during the day...but I feel like there's more to that story. hmmm.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
What about what Ken hapend to clutching from the lost and found, I actually guessed that he would spoiler[be holding panties]. But I didn't guess that spoiler[they would aparently be from Mafuyu]. It looked like the series was almost adressing itself by saying the need of plot and drama, the each person's take was again entertaining.

I wonder if and when the plot will be at the top, though it is still good.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote
I liked episode 10, every one's take on a drama tear inducing story was funny.

Also any one catch the Endless Eight joke early on in the episode? It was when Ken didn't take the snack saying it would lead to a loop in time. (or something like that)

Still I enjoyed the episode, the comdey is still good I think, though I really wonder if they can finish any plot they have before the anime is over with in a few episodes.

Also in the pre-view the goat thing, I thought it was a joke off of Umineko cause of the goat servant things in that, plus there done by the same studio. Though it could be a little far fetched for a joke.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
The references I noticed during this episode were: spoiler[Crumbling Hearts, Gurren Lagann, Samurai X: Reflection, Natsume Yūjin-Chō]. Though I might be taking a few assumptions.

ninjapet wrote:
Still I enjoyed the episode, the comedy is still good I think, though I really wonder if they can finish any plot they have before the anime is over with in a few episodes.

That's something they could do in 5 minutes!

Quote:
Also in the preview the goat thing, I thought it was a joke off of Umineko cause of the goat servant things in that, plus there done by the same studio. Though it could be a little far fetched for a joke.

I doubt that was a reference. spoiler[She said that sheep had beard and horns, then someone corrected her saying that it was a goat, not a sheep.]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Still they could push all the drama back till the last episode, and give the anime a drama filled ending. Which I hate in less there's a season 2 after it.

I thought the TTGL joke was funny. Characters dieing in the first arc of a story Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be really happy if they just left the drama untill the very end, I am hoping that we wil see a bit more so that the ending doesn't feel out of place. Haven't they already had TTGL references with "belive in the me that belives in you", on the topic of TTGL I found out the DVDs actualy have a quote on the back cover from ANN.

I think I came up with an explanation as to why Ken wanted to do the work by himself and not have them stay. He thinks that if he does all of the work they will at least tolerate him being there, but if not he think he would have to putting on the whole harem thing to keep them from getting too close.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I think I came up with an explanation as to why Ken wanted to do the work by himself and not have them stay. He thinks that if he does all of the work they will at least tolerate him being there, but if not he think he would have to putting on the whole harem thing to keep them from getting too close.

Ehhh...I don't think so. He wouldn't have said "I lost!" when they walked back in the room. I don't feel like he doesn't think they don't want to tolerate him. And I think it's clear that they do tolerate and like him. Just look at the scenes when he's alone with one of them. They all care about each other, that is clear.

I'll have to rewatch for the endless 8 ref...I don't remember it.

Personally, I think they can actually do a good job with the story if they actually try (but i dont think they will, because clearly they just made fun of themselves in this episode about lacking a plot)
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The Endless Eight joke was this
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa58/ninjapet12341/random/1260755078413.jpg

Ken said it really fast so I didn't catch it the first time.
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
The Endless Eight joke was this
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa58/ninjapet12341/random/1260755078413.jpg

Ken said it really fast so I didn't catch it the first time.

Haha. I remember that scene now. I didn't realize it was an EE reference, though it is obvious now that i see the scene.
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11 Very Happy

More serious Ken, more plot development, more references (Higurashi and Castlevania). More awesome.

I gotta say, this was a great episode. We finally found out what Ken was up to back in the day, and wow. spoiler[Dating his Sister-in-law and childhood best friend? Sounds like a classic anime love tale Razz] But yeah, it makes sense why he is like the way he is. Joking around constantly to deflect any kind of real feelings.

I also was not surprised to see the gang stick up for him. I think its becoming more and more clear that they all do care about him, which is a good thing.

You know what though? They missed the PERFECT "harem" statement. All the girls were in his house. Bam: "It's my harem...cough cough." Oh well, chance missed. And usually I dislike his harem comments. Would have been a perfect ending to the episode, if not for...
spoiler[
Mafyuu! Coming out of the corner swinging with statements of love! Harem ending 1 of 4 complete! Let's see if any of the other girls are motivated to do the same in the final episode. Now that I think about it, in combination with the backstory that's slowly been building, I kinda do want to see Ken get his harem ending...]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
the ending was a little out of the blue.

thought I can't believe next episode is the last of the season. There better be a harem end to this, though a spoiler[1/4 harem end complete is good to]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
Yes the ending was kind of surprising, but I think I understand why spoiler[Mafuyu feels that way about him.] I liked how we had another tidbit of Ken talking to the girls before they became the council, it is more proof Ken is not all he acts like.

The meet of this episode was them discussing part time jobs, though it was funny they noted that they were not as funny as usual. Kurimu's often crack me up and again no different, spoiler[apparantly she helps at a nursery like Kobato, except instead of being an adult helper, she is practicly one of the kids.] Also Mafuyu's types of blogs, spoiler[first tsundere and then yandere, they looked quite shocked at that.] And lastly the girls attempt to understand Ken via his possesions, the book to deal with bratty kids was funny as Kurimu was totaly oblivious, and they were going to call the police on him Laughing . And they all thought he was spoiler[fighting vampires or something in his spare time.

Also funny thing was the end song, this one was done as if by Kurumu being herself and telling people to vote for her. Chorus: "I am the President, I am Presideeent", she even just said "second verse" and asked Chizuru to pat her head Laughing . She might be small, but her ego is huge. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9