• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kimi ni Todoke (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg Aubry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I like that spoiler[when Sawako finally pushed herself over the edge and confessed her feelings, it was a veritable torrent of confession, like she couldn't get it out enough.]

I, too, see chemistry for a Pin and Ayane romance down the line. Maybe there'll be Kimi ni Todoke: The College Years? At which point, it'd be acceptable.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Nosferatu21 wrote:

I'm not sure if there will be time for this or even time for Ryu/Chizu. ANN encyclopedia has 12 episodes listed so doesn't that mean there's only 3 more episodes? Someone tell me I'm wrong because I'd like to be.

Be reassured, the season should end up with something like 24-26 episodes. ANN has 13 episode titles (including ep.0) listed but do not have a number of episodes listed. That is how you know it continues into the Spring season with more episodes, they just haven't confirmed how many it will end up with yet.

I'm not sure if that is necessarily a completely reliable indicator, although I hope you are right. If it is, that means Dream Eater Merry, Freezing, Infinite Stratos, Kore wa Zombie, Level E, Madoka Magica and Rio-Rainbow Gate will all be two-cours shows as well. Typically, I have found that if I'm watching say 10 or 12 currently airing shows, only about 3 of them will be two-cours. I happen to dig all the shows listed above, so here's to hoping you are right.

hmmm... that's how it's been explained to me before, but I guess I'm not completely sure and now I'm doubting my earlier claim. But I could have sworn that I had heard it was a two-cours show somewhere, that or I just assumed it because the first season was and it was and still is popular. What worries me now is that when I tried to double-check it at anime countdown, they have have it listed as 12 episodes Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Oh Kazehaya you sly dog you Smile Telling spoiler[Sawako you liked her in front of everybody] And then dropping the spoiler["This is like a dream. I've finally reached you"] bomb on me. Were you trying to make me tear up and get a lump in my throat? I swear it didn't work! I was the manliest of men watching this!

Sawako's performance was great. She was definitely creepy. Alas for poor Pin, spoiler[his bribery attempt was unsuccessful]

I was amused at Sawako's sitting yet still jumping in the air and turning red reaction she had when she overheard one of the other girls say "you did like him?"

Just a beautiful episode. I thought spoiler[Kazehaya was going in for a kiss at the end. I could feel myself moving towards the screen as he got closer and closer.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Aw, nice eppie. Don't have much to say about it except that I liked it. Assuming there really are only two eppies left, I guess we are in for an extended denouement (given that two episodes are not enough time to start up a new arc).
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I guess if it were to mirror the first season I'd guess the next episode would comprise of an after festival group party and the final episode would be a one on one date reminiscent of the New Years episode.

And I guess I have to admit there are only 2 episodes, despite my early confusion I haven't found any confirmation that it goes past that. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dolza

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
spoiler["I've finally reached you."!]
Yay!!!!!!
lllwtflll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

spoiler[YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!! This is the episode I've been waiting almost a year and a half for. I literally jumped out of my seat and threw my hands in the air when Kazehaya yelled out that he likes her in front of everyone. What a baller.]

[EDIT: That long a "Yes!" was absolutely not necessary and was causing formatting problems for many readers. Please don't do that again. - Key]
12skippy21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote
Well the saga is over. Overall rating: Excellent (as if I could dish out a lower mark).

Sure this show is slow as hell, but it gives testiment to the writing and love for the characters when you curse the slowness because the characters are not getting together quicker rather than it being boring or uneventful.

I liked the way the show ended and essentially tied up the loose ends. For those that called Kurumi a bitchy character when she first arrived on the scene should surely put that to rest as I find her such a delightful character throughout and acted as a great foil to Sawako. Even the bullying squad were given emotional sendoffs, this show does not like to leave an aura or hatred or dis-intent on any character regardless of what they do. I wish more romantic comedies were like this instead of relying on "sudden (unrealistic) drama" like a lot of soaps do.

I look forward the continuing manga [major manga spoiler alert] spoiler[the ongoing development of Ayane's crush on Pin, while she goes out with someone else! ] Still find this development odd but interesting.
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Loved season 2. I genuinely hope they make another season of this, the manga currently has at least enough material for another 12 episode season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
S is it finally over, they left absolutly no room for misinterpretation, and they every loose end has been tied up. Really liked the bit where with Sawako's "let me think about it", and hey she apparently did not completly missunderstand that part. And also there was a reason that Kent called her Sadoko, he isn't really blind.

It took bloody long to get there, but we got here, Ryu had his moment too. Now I wonder if they will take it to a 'dateing season', like Clannad, but I am happy with this.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote
Fangirl mode activated.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely loved this series! I love the ending! I love everything about it!

*mumbles* even Kurumi can be redeeming... but you didn't hear that coming from me!

Excellent ending. I wouldn't mind another season but, if there isn't, I'm cool with that. I'm good either way.

A few quick points before I get back to my job...

Sawako's creepiness was awesome! Pin sucks for spoiler[messing up their chances at winning! They totally would have had that in the bag too. *pouts*]

I love that they cleared up all the misunderstandings and Sawako even took the lead on the spoiler[hidden motives]. Even her little "let me think about it" moment was too adorable!

Kazehaya is such a stud! He totally stole my heart! When he wants to be direct, he's super attractive. Just can't get enough of him! (I have a feeling I'll be making countless Kazehaya AMVs over the next month or two.)

There are just too many things that made this series great. The only rough point of the series is the slow pacing. But, once it got into the second season, it did improve.

On a pathetic, but related note... I've been trying desperately to copy Kurumi's hair style with little to no success. Sure, I don't like her, but she has such a cute doo. Totally not fair! My hairdresser believes she can accomplish it, so I'll probably have that style for the wedding or at least my engagement pictures. Anime smile

So excited after finishing this series. It's like I'm walking on air. Hopefully, I'll find something else to fill the hole it's about to leave...

Rated the first season "Excellent" and the second season "Masterpiece".

Edited my above "SQUEE!". It is now shorter than it was before, for those of you who care. Really? People actually care about that enough to send me a PM?! LOL[/i]

Last edited by Bento-Box on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote
I was so thrilled yesterday morning when I saw the last TWO eppies were available online. Sadly, I only had time to watch the first half of eppie 11 before I had to go to work and it was a damn long wait before I got a chance to finish up after work.

Anyway, loved everything about the final two. I loved when the group of kids in chibi form clapped their hands and prayed to Sawako so that they could get significant others, too. Drunk Pin was hilarious as was arrogant Pin (loved how he declared himself "MVP of this situation." Some of the most memorable teacher characters I've ever come across come from anime/manga and Pin is no exception.

Like Bento-Box, I would welcome more KnT, but if it doesn'thappen, I'm still satisfied. This is a complete experience for me with a definite beginning, middle and end.

Oh and Bento-Box, if you ever do manage to get the "Kurumi" lid thing going on, be sure to post pix!

Thanks to all the posters who participated in thread - getting to come here and talk about this wonderful show really increased my enjoyment of it.

Now all that remains is for some nice company to snap this up and release it in R1. Sub-only is fine by me - I'm almost frightened of what a dub could do to the series because I really loved the sound of all the seiyuus in it.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood-, yes, I will post a pic. LOL Glad to see you enjoyed it as much as I did! Anime smile

squee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Nice ending to a great show. I'm not sure what rating I'll be giving it yet but it will either be Masterpiece or Excellent. As mentioned by previous posters, there was a nice tidy ending that made a point to show pretty much every character in the last 2 episodes. I was excited once I saw that the last 2 episodes were out when I was only expecting to see episode 11. Pin was at his absolute peak in these past few episodes. Even dear Ryu snuck in a quick little confession. I'm going to miss this show and I'd like to see a 3rd season but I'm quite content with what we have so far.

Blood- wrote:
Now all that remains is for some nice company to snap this up and release it in R1. Sub-only is fine by me - I'm almost frightened of what a dub could do to the series because I really loved the sound of all the seiyuus in it.

Agreed on all accounts. I'll obviously still buy if there's a dub but I really liked the seiyuus(particularly thought Sawako's and Pin's were perfect for their characters). Viz has the manga license so hopefully they'll go after the anime license as well.

I'd be willing to spend a little extra for this show. Something along the lines of the Premium Editions that Toradora had would be nice.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I loved last scene of Sawako&Kazehaya's date! This is my favorite show this season, highly recommended. Hoping for a domestic release of KnT, meanwhile I'll be catching up with the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 34