• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Voltron Animated Series Reportedly 'Imminent'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicserr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Vicserr wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
Voltron, and anyone who bought that instead of Tekaman Blade and GaoGaiGar, can kindly deposit themselves in the nearest dumpster.

Sir, some of us didn't have a choice when Voltron, Robotech, Tranzor Z, Battle of the Planets, Gigantor, Star Blazers, Speed Racer, Star Birds, Magnos: The Robot, Force Five and Teknoman among other were on TV on the 70's and 80's and 90's.

I guess most of us anime fans have embraced the original version when they were available and may I remind you that not all of those have been available in R1.
You have a choice to not buy that piece of trash now. The past is one thing and the present is quite the other.

Seems that nostalgia has no hold on you... Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
People still care about this stuff? Voltron and Robotech should have been left in the 80's.

ARE YOU KIDDING??? These series along with other famous ones help the [This is a known Bootleg Site] during the 90's and Robotech (Macross) was the original king of mecha before gundam. The're classics through and through and i liked their US versions even though they were edited. Luckily the recently deceased ADV Films made an original uncut dub version of macross. Too bad no one did an original version for voltron as well. Would've loved to see that and i'm definatly staying tuned on more info on this new series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
People still care about this stuff? Voltron and Robotech should have been left in the 80's.

ARE YOU KIDDING??? These series along with other famous ones help the [This is a known Bootleg Site] during the 90's and Robotech (Macross) was the original king of mecha before gundam. The're classics through and through and i liked their US versions even though they were edited. Luckily the recently deceased ADV Films made an original uncut dub version of macross. Too bad no one did an original version for voltron as well. Would've loved to see that and i'm definatly staying tuned on more info on this new series.

How can Macross be the king of mecha before Gundam, if Gundam came out 3 years before Macross?.. Confused And for everybody else, if the dub is not an issue for you, you can pick up Beast King Golion and the Upcoming Armored Fleet DaiRugger XV from Media Blasters for unadulterated Classic Super Robot action
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
Well, you knew that would come eventually. Considering the hopefully release of the movie. Provided that's still going to happen. I do have to admit the CG series was pretty decent. They did manage to get back a good chunk of the cast save one who passed away.

But watching 'Voltron' during my HS days was the talk of morning breakfast and lunchtime with geeks all around. But then again you didn't have to be a geek to watch 'Voltron'.

Now the question is will it be better than the 'Speed Racer' crap that came out?
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I might write about this sometime this month. Voltron, much like a lot of series out there, is a TV show that has only a slight value to you if it has nostalgia attached to it. Much like Speed Racer, Thundercats, etc. those series really do suck. The only people that could possibly enjoy it are people that watched it when they were a kid.

I however sort of like Voltron even though I never watched it when I was a kid. I mean, it's has tiger feet! Flippin tiger feet!
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm still patiently waiting for the Armor Voltron versus Lion Voltron series.....

Other than that I think I'll pick up Voltron as I watched (or should I say tried to watch) GoLion season one and it left me with this question: What is a +5 GoLion?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2