• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 173

Now this is the fight we have been waiting for, good to see that next week should have the rest.

The boys didn't stand a chance against Kagura, the fact she was able to spoiler[hold back just as the match ended] was impressive in itself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
Always so fun to watch Kagura battle. Shame that fight ended in a draw although I did enjoy the fact that it was extended quite a bit. Now, Dragon Slayer twins are up huh?

spoiler[WHITE DRAGON AND SHADOW DRIVE]. Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Um...just started? Shocked

I gather it's sort of like a more hyperactive teen "Slayers", only with the gags more x-treme! and lowbrow.
But from the discussion, this isn't going to go way off into elaborate Naruto/One Piece like story arcs, is it? When we have the Overconfident Shounen Fighting Hero, that's usually what happens, and the characters seem to have that strange One Piece grin to them.
Noctis313

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:02 pm Reply with quote
what did lucy say to natsu?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
EricJ wrote:
But from the discussion, this isn't going to go way off into elaborate Naruto/One Piece like story arcs, is it?

All long animes have story arcs and sometimes short animes are a single story in an arc.

@Noctis313 Best guess? "I want bacon and eggs when you're done."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 am Reply with quote
Noctis313 wrote:

Based off of a history of lines, what had been happening in the series thus far, Lucy's facial expression, and Natsu's reaction, the most likely line was: spoiler["We will always have Paris".]

Although my personal guess might be something along the lines of spoiler[getting a punch in for her.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Only two more eppies left. Sadness.
Viorexx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
That is true but it looks like the fairy tail creators are putting a hold on the series until later.
i hope this is will work
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
Noctis313 wrote:

Hard to say exactly but given what a trollop that Lucy is, I have to assume she has promised certain ... favours, shall we say? ... if Natsu beats Sabretooth.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Not a bad warm-up episode. Next one will be the last ever/for awhile, so I hope Natsu makes it worth it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 174

Was a good fight, evem if it was a lot of backwards and forwards, also arguably one of the few moments that Fairy Tail has suffered from battle time as they will extend what is suposed to be a thrity minute fight to be over three episodes. Yeah it is a little cheap for Natsu to keep getting stronger in the fght, but seeing our heroes keep getting stronger and kicking butt is arguably the best part of this show.

I am not sure about anyone else, but I actually felt rather nostalgic when Natsu and Gajeel tried fighting Sting and he was keeping up with both of them at the same time, reminded me a lot of Dragonball Z. I would say my favourite bits would be the parts where Natsu took spoiler[Sting completly by surprise by burning the symbol, and stopping the attack by one hand]. Though I still hate those other two Exceed.

Then the funny with Levy spoiler[suffocating Pantherlilly during the fight, and Natsu pushing Gajeel away in a mine kart with the intetion of fighting alone with a stupid look on his face]. The last episode for a whil will be next week, I hope it will be great.
Viorexx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I suspect that Gajeel will find the dragon summoning thing and over hear all that is going to happen.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Fairy vs Tiger with 4 dragon slayers = epic!!
At least the finally have a chance to avenge Lucy.
Seeing all those different dragon slayer powers was awesome.
The biggest loser of the games so far is Lucy.
She really didn't show much of anything..
Looks like the final episode next time will be a blast!
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yeah it is a little cheap for Natsu to keep getting stronger in the fght

Unlike DBZ where you can increase your power by yelling louder: I think Natsu really was just getting warmed up and then learning about his opponent. At no point did I think "Natsu has given his all...how'd he get stronger all of the sudden?!" I was actually thinking most of the episode "when is he going to start trying?"

I want him to use Dragon and God slayer magic at the same time and be dubbed "the Dragon God slayer." I'm sure he still has some of that magic tucked away...
Viorexx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
You are forgetting his lightning magic. So he has dragon fire and lightning adding the god slayer magic. Dont forget is second organ power up.

But that is too much right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 57