• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
When does the LN go on sale?
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
When does the LN go on sale?

Well, I suppose if anyone's really interested, we could make a free pdf for the kindle. Smile
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
Quick TRSI round-up
Quote:
Currently Have a Counter (Subjected to Change)

Quantity Remaining: 0 - Please Check Back

Back to Regular Price

No Longer Available for Purchase
Forlorn Hope

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks all for the Aria advice! I think I will check out a couple episodes before deciding but I have a feeling it's my kind of show. I'm a huge fan of slice of life and relaxing shows. Oh and Embarassed MyAnime list hasn't been updated in 3-4 years.

Now I just have to decide which other shows will fit in my budget. (El Cazador, Madlax, Phantom, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Shiki, Princess Jellyfish, House of Five Leaves, Redline and Ghost Hound) I need to win the lottery..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Forlorn Hope - your username makes me sad. Sad
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Forlorn Hope wrote:
Now I just have to decide which other shows will fit in my budget. (El Cazador, Madlax, Phantom, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Shiki, Princess Jellyfish, House of Five Leaves, Redline and Ghost Hound) I need to win the lottery..
For ten bucks you're doing yourself a disservice if you pass up REDLINE! I'll plug Five Leaves, FMA:B, and Shiki from that list, too; if you're tight on funds, FMA:B is probably the best bang for your buck of those three, but the Five Leaves sale price is good, and that show is unlikely to get a cheaper release later on, while Shiki is more likely to.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know Venus Versus Virus was going out of print. Huh.

Whatever. Show sucked anyways. Razz
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
Forlorn Hope wrote:
For ten bucks you're doing yourself a disservice if you pass up REDLINE! I'll plug Five Leaves, FMA:B, and Shiki from that list, too; if you're tight on funds, FMA:B is probably the best bang for your buck of those three, but the Five Leaves sale price is good, and that show is unlikely to get a cheaper release later on, while Shiki is more likely to.

I back up what this guy says

I'd also recommend Princess Jellyfish if it could fit somewhere in there, especially if ya like Shojo/Josei anime. haven't seen House of Five leaves so I cant comment.
ssandulak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah of Forlorn's picks I'd go with Redline, and FMA:B. Five leaves is really good, but it's not for everyone. Shiki has it's moments but it doesn't really compare to the others you have listed (though I haven't seen El Cazador or Madlax).
But yeah, best bang definitely gonna be the 2 listed above. Eye melting glory, and probably some of the best Shonen out there.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Hell Girl SAVE is also OOP, but Sentai has gotten the right to it (seeing as they said Hell Girl sold pretty well for them, so they said they'd pick up more)
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Hell Girl SAVE is also OOP, but Sentai has gotten the right to it (seeing as they said Hell Girl sold pretty well for them, so they said they'd pick up more)

Um.....what does that have to do with Venus Versus Virus going out of print? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Um.....what does that have to do with Venus Versus Virus going out of print? Confused

I think, maybe, the first part has to do with another SAVE release going quietly {too quietly} into the sunset. I myself didn't care for either of them, Venus Versus Virus started bad, got ok and then went nowhere with very bad animation and very mediocre character design.

Hell Girl tried an episodic format, tried reoccuring characters, tried one shot characters, tried an overarching plot, tried my patience and ultimately tried nothing worthwhile. It was ... very trying.

As to the second part, I don't know what Sentai could do with a SAVE series that Funimation didn't want. Are they going to sell Hell Girl coasters?

Quote:

I am not really sure what "bloated" means in this context. The second season was longer than the others, but I never felt like there was too much of it.
And I do not see how the Nozomi release could have made it worse because they did not add anything too it, except for the extras and they were on separate discs.

Hey, let's watch the adventures of Aria the cat. Twice. And Cath Sith, we got to have more of him. Let's replay some themes already covered in the first season like Akari was a naive newcomer to New Venezia, still. Now let's release it over two sets, eight DVDs with two additional DVDs dedicated to special features. {At least, that was how I rented it, 4-3-3-3-SF-4-3-3-3-SF. It wasn't as bad as when I watched all of Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle though it was worse than either single season of it}. That's bloated.

I didn't mind the un Cath Sith supernatural episodes in the second season as the first one had two supernatural plots. On the other hand, it would be assumed that those two events from the first season were caused by him, but as they were great shows showcasing the history of planet Aqua, they're usually forgiven/ignored.

I'm still reflecting on purchasing the set, even considering my feelings on sub only DVDs; Season 2 is still the sore spot even if I do love a couple of episodes from it.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:

Hell Girl S1 could be heading to OOP, but it's available for sale at most online retailers including TRSI (Amazon.com currently don't have it). With that said, Sentai Filmworks only have the license to Seasons 2 and 3.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Re-listed and a qty of 100 copies...

Noein DVD Box Set (Hyb) $39.98 $12.00*(70% Off)
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Re-listed and a qty of 100 copies...

Noein DVD Box Set (Hyb) $39.98 $12.00*(70% Off)

Oh man that's awesome! Everyone needs to jump on this right away, it's an excellent series! Glad they got some more in! And for those curious, it's 5 singles in a paper box (not a chipboard). Nothing too fancy, but well worth the price.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 24