• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
what anime or visual novel would you like to become a manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darknessblades

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
just like the title says: what anime or visual novel would you like to become a manga

i have watched a lot of anime that have an open ending and no manga of it

some are

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
.... others come later

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please comment and if posseble edit your post and dont repost
this would be nicer to keep the list that you made intact and not 1 posted in page 1 and another in page 20.

this would spare other users a lot of browsing this topic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if it is already a topic in existance (sorry couldnt find it)
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I can't think of a single one. This is probably because I don't think most adaptations to manga have really brought anything worthwhile to the original story, where as anime adaptions of manga have, through the voicework, colour, movement, and soundtrack.
etempest2k7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote
This manga

Line by yua kotegawa.

manga#8615

It's a good, short story that would lend it self to a single movie.

Essentially a normal teenage girl picks up a phone and it tells her a location of a person she has to get to or they will commit suicide. It has her running all over the city (against the clock) to save as many people as she can as part of a sick game by a twisted person.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
I can only really think of one, and that would be Planetarian, which is one of KEY's lesser known visual novels. I will confess that I say this half because I do legitimately think it would make for a decent manga (ide buy it) and half because I don't think this one gets enough love.

The story is pretty dialogue intensive, only has tow characters outside of flashbacks and dosent change setting very often, so it may seem like a strange choice of thing to bring to a primarily visual medium. I don't think it would be a bad idea though, the story is pretty short so it would probably not last long enough for people to get bored with anything in particular (I think it would take up 3 volumes at most), and there's plenty of opportunity there for the dramatic as far as image choices go.

Handled by a competent artist, one who can capture the apocalyptic nature of the setting and the 'roughness' of the main character, but who still communicate the lightness of the dialogue between the characters, I think it would turn out quite well.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to say anything that KEY has made, it would be wonderful to see Little Busters and Clannad as manga's. I keep on forgeting what all happens in Clannad, I haven't seen all of Little Busters and I've never read the VA of it, also it gives me something new to read at school. Very Happy
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Both of them already do have a manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1