• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Naruto Shippūden DVD 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Darksharingan, the Bount Arc of Bleach wasn't bad at all. I saw it on AS and it was good. Most people like it as some of the better shounen filler, especially in comparison to Naruto's Filler Hell. You should've have viewed it as some terrible thing to watch.

On Disney X D's edits, even Toonami was a bit strict on Naruto at first. Over time Toonami loosened up, and we can expect the same with Disney X D. Hell, I hear Disney X D's run of Shippuden is actually less censored than Toonami's start of Naruto(see Naruto and Sasuke accidentally kissing early in on Naruto? Censored, only shown in an OP like 2 years later).

Cartoon Network was hardly perfect with no censorship. If you recall, Toonami renamed some Jutsus too. "Loopy Jutsu" and "elixir" anyone? It's not fair of y'all to ignorantly attack only Disney's censorship of Naruto and ignore Toonami's own censorship of Naruto.

actually it was called the Loopy Fist,though i know it's the drunken fist,and that edit was justified cause you cant mention alochol,beer or sweet sake on a kids broadcast. But the edits X D wont fool anyone if those young audience reads the manga and see how choped up X D made it.

Best bet. Stick with the DVDs. I sure will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Darksharingan, the Bount Arc of Bleach wasn't bad at all. I saw it on AS and it was good. Most people like it as some of the better shounen filler, especially in comparison to Naruto's Filler Hell. You should've have viewed it as some terrible thing to watch.

On Disney X D's edits, even Toonami was a bit strict on Naruto at first. Over time Toonami loosened up, and we can expect the same with Disney X D. Hell, I hear Disney X D's run of Shippuden is actually less censored than Toonami's start of Naruto(see Naruto and Sasuke accidentally kissing early in on Naruto? Censored, only shown in an OP like 2 years later).

Cartoon Network was hardly perfect with no censorship. If you recall, Toonami renamed some Jutsus too. "Loopy Jutsu" and "elixir" anyone? It's not fair of y'all to ignorantly attack only Disney's censorship of Naruto and ignore Toonami's own censorship of Naruto.

actually it was called the Loopy Fist,though i know it's the drunken fist,and that edit was justified cause you can't mention alochol,beer or sweet sake on a kids broadcast. But the edits X D wont fool anyone if those young audience reads the manga and see how choped up X D made it.

It's okay for CN to edit because you can't mention drugs/alcohol on a kids' network, but not for Disney X D to do it because you can't directly reference death/dying on a kids' network? That's not very fair to Disney X D. That's you excusing Toonami's edits but not Disney's, which just isn't fair to Disney.

Do you think Toonami's "Loopy Fist" edits would fool anyone who read the manga? It isn't about fooling manga readers, because they've already read the manga anyways. It's about the kids watching who may've never seen anime before who can become fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of surprised at all of the hate for Shippuuden that's in here. I like it way more than the older series in every way. I'll agree that these episodes are kinda dull though. Shippuuden sucked imo until episode 26. All of the fights were poorly done and even the manga I didn't find this content interesting. Episode 26 kicks things off proper though. You get a well animated fight and after that Sai comes in and the story starts cranking up.

Even the filler is way better than the old Naruto filler.

jr0904 wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:

actually it was called the Loopy Fist,though i know it's the drunken fist,and that edit was justified cause you can't mention alochol,beer or sweet sake on a kids broadcast. But the edits X D wont fool anyone if those young audience reads the manga and see how choped up X D made it.

In all honesty, how many people watching the TV broadcast read the manga? If you like Naruto enough to read a comic book about it i'd think you're probably aware of fansubs or the streaming versions and probably aren't too interested in watching something thats like 100+ episodes behind.

I'm sure some do, but I think it's a small percent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3