• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer's 'Water War' Video Anime Digest Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I must say that any show that resorts to using a fanservice beach episode has very low confidence both in its viewerbase and its own quality.

Do you just copy and paste this into any vaguely related thread without even paying attention to the context?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha, who couldn't see this formula coming. Laughing
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
The series is at a point where I don't care whether or not this series has any fanservice. I just want to know why the hell they all live on a freaking giant boat.

And for those who don't like the fanservice, I'm almost sure that even the Codename: Sailor V manga has more nudity than this OVA will have. (Here: [link removed. Linking to illegal scanlations is not allowed.])
Doomcaliber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Geez I didn't think people would be so uptight about girl wearing swimsuits at the beach. I never mind at all; I in no way find it in poor taste when sites give a little fan service especially in OVAs. I actually really love this show! Im new here so i hope im not breaking any rules whrn i ask for a link to a site where i could purchase this bluray :p
Doomcaliber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Geez I didn't think people would be so uptight about girl wearing swimsuits at the beach. I never mind at all; I in no way find it in poor taste when sites give a little fan service especially in OVAs. I actually really love this show! Im new here so i hope im not breaking any rules whrn i ask for a link to a site where i could purchase this bluray :p
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
I must say that any show that resorts to using a fanservice beach episode has very low confidence both in its viewerbase and its own quality.

Do you just copy and paste this into any vaguely related thread without even paying attention to the context?

No. I just see the careful marketing decision behind this OVAc and I feel the need to decry it.

From what I've heard, Garupan could certainly be worth owning by sheer virtue of its merits. Apparently the marketing tem does not think so, however.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
That might be believable if you weren't in the habit of constantly bitching about every little thing you didn't like.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
Lodoss can stand its own too feet as well, but that's not going to stop the marketing teams from putting Deed in a bikini on some advertising. Or Lafiel from Crest of the Stars. Or why not the most obvious examples of Asuka and Rei. Remember: sabisu sabisuu!
Anymouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And even so, he and the writer wouldn't have made Darkness so overabundant with nudity if they didn't want to do it.

As for the fanservice here, it's pretty tame, just girls in swimsuits. Chagen, give it a rest on trying to prove how mature you are. Fanservice is an anime constant, even in the 70s.
I watched the trailer and can feel the lameness coming out of the screen. But then again, I was never really in the target audience anyway.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Odd, I thought To LOVE-Ru was made because Black Cat was so excruciatingly awful and poorly received (even after being turned into an anime which also bombed) and so Yabuki wanted a hit series and thusly abandoned all dignity and joined up with "writer" Saki Hasemi to create one of the blandest soulless ecchi harem series ever conceived.

If we get a harem ending of of to love ru darkness then it's already worthy of being on it's own. If I didn't like to love ru's characters believe me I wouldn't even bother with the show, ova's and manga that's been going on this long.

On this GUP ova.. it's nothing NEW hell ever heard of the anime blue seed??? One of it's special selling points was hot-spring ova and this was way back in 95.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Adamb15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote
huh...

obligatory for every money-making venture... I guess.

NEXT!
hpulley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 am Reply with quote
Well, we have already seen them washing the tanks and bouncing around in skin tight suits on a float through town doing the angler fish dance for losing their earlier tank battle. Ten minutes of swimsuits won't ruin anything IMO. Disc one is 88 minutes of content (2 episodes plus the OVA and other goodies) for ¥7250 MSRP which is better than usual; for example compared to ¥4200 for disc one of Tonari no Kaibutsukun which is 24 minutes, one episode!

Considering all the panzer/pantsu pun possibilities I am surprised and impressed that the show has stuck to its tank guns for the most part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2