• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Okamikakushi - Masque of the Wolf (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Any way any one else think spoiler[During the scene near the end of the episode with Hiro looking out of his window only to see Nemuru outside looking right at him. Kind of seemed like the scene in the first arc of Higurashi with Keiichi looking out to see Rena outside saying "I'm sorry" ? ]
Dude! Was totally thinking the exact same thing.
ninjapet wrote:
Any way the pre-view for episode 8 looked like where getting a cool fight.
Yeah, I hope it's at the same quality as the one last episode.

Last edited by garfield15 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Any way any one else think spoiler[During the scene near the end of the episode with Hiro looking out of his window only to see Nemuru outside looking right at him. Kind of seemed like the scene in the first arc of Higurashi with Keiichi looking out to see Rena outside saying "I'm sorry" ? ]

Kaname seemed to be looking in to the story of the wolfs more. Finding a counting rhyme that links up to the red moon and the scythe girl. Sad that spoiler[ she gets taken by the guys with the hats and that seem to be working with the people "killing" others. ]

Both events reminded me of Higu. Well, not the kidnapping part. But the guys in the hats. Evil Fishermen ftw!
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm Reply with quote
oh yes the evil fishermen some one quote the. What I watched, what I expected, what I got thing with the fishermen from a few pages back It was funny Anime hyper

But ya, Hiro take some advice from your counter parts and take up swinging a metal baseball bat or start blaming it on witches and magic.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
oh yes the evil fishermen some one quote the. What I watched, what I expected, what I got thing with the fishermen from a few pages back It was funny Anime hyper

But ya, Hiro take some advice from your counter parts and take up swinging a metal baseball bat or start blaming it on witches and magic.

Ask and ye shall receive:

I wonder. What would happen if all three series crossed paths somehow. Kablam. Crazy!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I definitely have to agree with DuskyPredator's theory. Smells like a "...". I pretty much had a similar theories when I watched up to ep. 3. I've watched quite a bit of horror flicks with this type of premise (as I love wolves and wolf-lore stories) so you figure it out eventually. This is a simpler show when compared the complexities that Ryukishi07 fans are familiar with. Which is why it's not getting a pass with some viewers. But it's still enjoyable if you're not expecting too much. Of course if you're a fan of Ryukishi07, then you might not care and welcome it anyway. I'm actually enjoying it because it's a Ryukishi07 production and it's got a premise I enjoy that you don't see in anime stories much. Plus, having watched 'Higu' and 'Umi' it's got the familiar tension, oddball characters, tacky fashions and WTF fan pandering. Who could ask for more?

This will be one time they created something to blow people's mind. Hey they're entitled, so just sit back and enjoy this little joy ride.

Oh and I have to admit that image is funny.

Oh one more thing, does anyone know the vocalist for the OP? I know the music is by Yuki Kajiura but I wonder if she sings. I'm sort of confused because when you look up Yuki Kajiura you get 'FictionJunction'. So I wondered if she sings as well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
I just realised I have not writin in here in a while. Well things got a bit creepy with kidnapping and such, I was a bit happy to discover how things were at the begining of the series, at least she may not be as hopless as we thought. I think the mysteries are starting to answer themselves.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Well this episode we got the big reveal (kind of) about the wolfs
spoiler[There not human, but they kind of are, but they have a cursed destiny ]

But the fight this episode was quite good, at least the animation looked nice.

No to much going on other then spoiler[Kaname getting released and told to stop looking in to all of this. Mana is some sort of god or worship thing? Reminds me of Hanyuu from Higurashi and her stuff. The hit man person is the guy helping Hiro out (who didn't see that coming) but he seems to be going on the thought of getting his girlfriend back / getting revenge for her death. ]

@ Chrno2

I don't really think comparing this to Umineko really works, thats more of a fantasy vs mystery deal. Unlike this which seems to be more mystery like Higurashi was.

About the opening I have no idea, but I think it's the same singer for the opening from the VN? The song for the anime is different then the VN.

On a side note about music

Does any one know if the music from the anime is just the VN music? Or did they make a whole new soundtrack, or go the Umineko way of music and just remix the VN soundtrack?
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

spoiler[ Mana is some sort of god or worship thing? ]

Huh? When did that happen?spoiler[ I remember that "gang" running across her on the bridge...but they never said anything about worship. I just figured they got all bothered by the fact that she's not a Wolf like they are. ]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
^You are thinking of the wrong Mana. There are two Mana's in the series remember.

Last edited by Kruszer on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
They where addressing her with a different name with -sama added on like she was in place of a person of high standing and or a god (Like in Higurashi how people address Hanyuu) spoiler[along with saying "it's time for you to go back to the shrine" or something like that It was implying something along the lines of a god]

The Mana that teaches Hiro's sister music and what not.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
They where addressing her with a different name with -sama added on like she was in place of a person of high standing and or a god (Like in Higurashi how people address Hanyuu) spoiler[along with saying "it's time for you to go back to the shrine" or something like that It was implying something along the lines of a god]

The Mana that teaches Hiro's sister music and what not.

/facepalm. You both are right. Now that scene makes a lot more sense. I just thought the spoiler[creepy arm/neck thing that was going on with her was part of the "falling" that they all usually go through. ]

Hmm...now things are getting even more interesting. Not as crazy mysterious as Higu, but its enough Razz
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
when I was watching the episode and the scene came up I instantly thought "So she's the Hanyuu of the show?"

I've been comparing the characters to there Higurashi counterparts the whole time I have been watching. Some things I like somethings I think could be better but the pacing is at least better in this show.

Edit ~

I just found out there's a manga copy of the series now running (chapter 0 seems to be out now) but it seems like a manga copy of the anime pre-view we got.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I'll edit my last post in a bit (and or some one can combined my two posts if needed)

So episode 9 gives us more details on the "rules" and about Hiro and why they want to get rid of him.

spoiler[The wolf's are not gods, but humans call them that. They seek out people who have fallen in to the world of "demons" and give off this scent they call "temptation". Which Hiro seems to have the odds out of 100k people to have the strongest scent. ]

Over all this episode seemed like a info dump but it was needed, we got more info on how the wolfs deal with the "rules" set out for the town.

Along with spoiler[Kasai (or what ever the guys name was, the one working with Nemuru's Uncle and was the one that hired Sakaki ) seems to have some master plan to get rid of the "gods" by passing the rules him self to do so] (To me it sounds a lot like Takano's plan from Higurashi just toned down a little )

and quite a surprise at the end of the episode spoiler[ Isuzu is alive and in the hospital after we got left in the dark for what happened to her after she ran off]

Next episode brings us the festival and it seems like it's setting up for the end quite soon
Showsni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Hasai (is that his name?) should really look into his hitman's references a bit more before hiring... Employing someone who hates you and all your kind and is bound to try and destroy you is pretty stupid.]
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

and quite a surprise at the end of the episode spoiler[ Isuzu is alive and in the hospital after we got left in the dark for what happened to her after she ran off]

Was that supposed to be a surprise? spoiler[I figured she was alive for 2 reasons:

a) They carried her off, and did not wtfpwn her on the spot
b) in class they didn't say she moved. The teacher was all like "lol she's not here again"]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8