• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tentacon Chibi is back

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
OK, after some encouragement from the Opus staff (they really want us to do this), Tentacon Chibi will be going on, albeit on a slightly smaller scale (Tentacon Chibi-chibi?)

Who: Tentacon Chibi
What: A hentai-centric mini-con
When: May 20-22, 2005
Where: As part of Opus Fantasy Fest; Four Points Sheraton - Denver,Colorado
Main convention: http://www.opusfest.com/
Cost: $5 at the door 18+ only
(cost is on top of Opus convention membership)

We are the latest of 4 other mini-cons at this convention, so our information is not on their site yet.

Tentacon is a hentai-centric adult-oriented convention. You must be 18+ to attend and we will be very strict to enforce this. Daytime programming will consist of anime with 16-17+ ratings that most conventions won't put on until later. As the convention heads toward evening, we will switch to hentai programming. We welcome all segments of adult anime fandom, including yaoi & yuri, and we will make this a safe & fun convention for all involved.

Programming with include:
- Yaoi Slumber Party
- Adult Anime Music Video Contest
- Dub Your Own Hentai

As we are starting out as a mini-con (hense the "Chibi"), we will only have two rooms, one for video & panels and the other is "dealer's table" and hospitality. The first room will be all-ages, but will serve as the gateway to the video/panel room. However, this will be the test to see about starting a full-sized version later.

PM me with questions. Keep this thread clean & respectful. And if you are under 18, this isn't for you anyway.
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Just letting people know we have some updates to the original post, including the website.
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
More additions to the site:

The AMV Showcase/Contest rules are up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:43 am Reply with quote
You should probably advertise at Sexy Losers. Edit: BTW, how can you afford to charge so little, considering you're only getting a limited audience to show up? (Never mind.) Oh, and I noticed the hotels around there are insanely cheap. We're not gonna get shot or Ed Geined if we sleep there, right? ^_^
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
You should probably advertise at Sexy Losers.

I had forgotten about that one. Sad
Though I was thinking about advertising at Ghastly's Ghastly comic: http://www.ghastlycomic.com

Quote:
Edit: BTW, how can you afford to charge so little, considering you're only getting a limited audience to show up? (Never mind.) Oh, and I noticed the hotels around there are insanely cheap. We're not gonna get shot or Ed Geined if we sleep there, right? Anime smile

We have to be cheap because in order to get in, you have to pay the sponsering convention's admission on top of our fee. We considered seeing if people could just get in our room without getting an Opus badge as well, but since they are the ones putting us up, we don't want to gype them out of breaking even on their con.

And the hotel is just fine. It's at a major intersection and a nice part of town. It's hosted conventions ever since I moved to Denver 16 years ago.
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quote
For those in the Denver area, we will be having a Tentacon Party the night of April 30th at Starfest.

Check the flyers tables for room & time. Must be 18+ and bring your ID.
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:44 am Reply with quote
beelzebozo wrote:
For those in the Denver area, we will be having a Tentacon Party the night of April 30th at Starfest.

Check the flyers tables for room & time. Must be 18+ and bring your ID.

Darn. I would have been soooo up for this. As it is, I was only able to spend an hour or so at Starfest during the day on Saturday (work, don'tcha know) and I spent most of Sunday in line for William Shatner. I was, however, free on Saturday night. Right now, I'm trying to open up my schedule for Tentacon at Opus. My question is; if Tentacon goes over well, does this mean that we could look forward to the return of the H party during NDK this year?
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
BuffaloStyle wrote:
Darn. I would have been soooo up for this. As it is, I was only able to spend an hour or so at Starfest during the day on Saturday (work, don'tcha know) and I spent most of Sunday in line for William Shatner. I was, however, free on Saturday night. Right now, I'm trying to open up my schedule for Tentacon at Opus. My question is; if Tentacon goes over well, does this mean that we could look forward to the return of the H party during NDK this year?

Considering that the only thing that stopped us last year was not getting a hotel room in time, the answer would be "yes", even if Tentacon doesn't do well.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:40 am Reply with quote
I understand that tentacles can be quite distressing, but I hardly think spamming tranquilising drug sales will help Rolling Eyes

Edit: that apparently nonsensical comment was made in reply to a now-deleted advertising spam Laughing
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Just giving the heads up that Tentacon will be hosting the usual Hentai Party at NDK 2005 Saturday night. Starts at 10pm

Check the flyer tables for Room #

21+ only. You MUST have your ID, NO exceptions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1