• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-02-10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truered

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote
Laughing

I can of find the same thing/worries for me on reversed- being a male who occasionally (read constantly) watches trashy stuff with fanservice. Who is also a bit bashful. On more then one occasion I've been glad my room at uni had a lock...especially since people kept confusing my room with the ultra-popular dude next to me Razz

Enjoyed the comic again, love the expressions in the "I bring treats" panel.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
brand wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I don't understand how people get in these situations. I see it constantly on television, in movies and books, etc. Does nobody have a locking door? Call me paranoid, but I lock every room I enter, if I can.

When I lived with my parents if my bedroom door was locked my Mother would just bang on it and yell at me why it was locked until I opened it. So, it was often not worth locking because that was an even bigger pain of the ass then my Mother just walking in.

Quoted for truth right there. My parents were the exact same way. I am soooooo glad I live on my own now and don't have to worry about my parents barging in literally every half hour to demand I stop what I am doing and do some mundane task for them that easily could have waited the 5 minutes till the end of the episode.....

Brings back some memories though. It's been a while since I have had to go on just 1-2 hours of sleep simply so I can watch anime in peace while my parents were sleeping.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Oh gawd, I can't stop laughing. Oh this made my snowy morning. I so glad that grandma Rosa made a comeback. I think she wants to really watch the show. Her timing is awesome. Somewhere in life she had her own version of "yaoi".

It always feels somewhat awkward when you find yourself in the same room with our grandparents watching adult media. Because they're are grand-parents we feel we should protect their sweet grandma~y virtue. Hahahaha!! Little does one realize that our grand-parents have been down that road over some 50-60 years ago. Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:11 am Reply with quote
LOL at the last two panels. Grandma is on the up and up.

penguintruth wrote:
I don't understand how people get in these situations. I see it constantly on television, in movies and books, etc. Does nobody have a locking door? Call me paranoid, but I lock every room I enter, if I can.

That's just rude especially with family. That's why we have knocking. You don't lock you doors to family members cause you want privacy, you usually do it cause your doing something you don't want them to see. At least that's what they will think.

Last edited by TatsuGero23 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote
TRUTH IN TELEVISION. Or in this case, webcomics. Laughing
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
Me and my first boxset of Nadesico right there.
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote
I don't watch Yaoi, but I remember one instance where my mom was at work, and we (me and my brother) were watching Pom Poko for the first time.....
My mom usually LOVES Ghibli films (she'll often watch them with us), but she came home right at the end of the film, during the....erm......"balls scene" (if you've seen the film, you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about).
She just started FREAKING OUT, and asking me if I had seen what I thought I had just saw.
.....as I said before, it was MY first time seeing the film too, her reaction made me jump because I hadn't realized she had been watching for several minutes, nor that tanuki would use their "private parts" to squish people.
...........come to think of it, the same thing happened when that guy exploded at the end of Akira. I guess my mom just wasn't used to the strangeness that was anime back then.....
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
Heh, the rooms at my house that have tvs don't have doors so locking the door is not an option (plus, one DVD player refuses to play anything but English with subtitles, I'm not sure how it even does that, and everything else migrated to my brother's room so it's my laptop or nothing!). And, while I'd be embarrassed, my mom would probably be okay with it. She once took my TRSI magazine, flipped through the hentai section, and gave it back saying "Meh, about what I expected."
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote
Me and Magic Knight Rayearth Razz

Great comic, Robin. Unlike last week's, this one was actually clever and funny.
Shaedlinx000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
I'm the youngest of 3, all boys. I've pretty much been told by my parents there isn't anything I could watch that they haven't already seen my brothers watching.

Only real incident I've ever had was when my friend was just starting to get me interested into anime and manga. I had borrowed a DVD but didn't open the box till I got home later that night. When I opened the case rather than finding a disc for tenchi muyo, I found a hentai DVD inside instead.... Shocked and before you ask of course I watched it, its like putting a button next to someone and saying 'Don't touch it". They're gonna push the button, its just the time between them sitting and them actually doing it that changes...

When I gave the DVD case back I responded with "Everything in moderation, ok?". She didn't understand till later when she opened the DVD case. Which caused her to ignore me for a week..
Embarassed
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

That's just rude especially with family. That's why we have knocking. You don't lock you doors to family members cause you want privacy, you usually do it cause your doing something you don't want them to see. At least that's what they will think.

Yeah, locking the doors makes everything more suspicious Laughing

Last edited by BunnyCupCakes on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote
For shame. Grandma wanted to see it too, That's why she butted in with excuses. The girls should have noticed that. Wink
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote
So glad I have an understanding parent. Just busting up ones room?? That just screams invasion of privacy to me, especially when walking in during changing clothes and such. I can understand a young child, but teenage to young adult is questionable.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I think the only line missing is "Oh, that girl looks really pretty!"

Wink
mckg1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Lol, this happened to me sooo many times with my mom when i watched animes like elfen lied. (my dad also watches anime his a huge fan of old school like mazinger Z, he has the whole collection) But now she's cool about it, my stepdad is meh... he did like darker than black though, and thinks its better then playing video games all day like my brother which his more of a action adventure anime fan. Actually alot of my cousins of mines like anime, and my bro and sis like anime, my dad likes anime. I guess i'm in a anime liking family. Heck my moms fav anime was DBZ and watched it with me when i was a kid, when i did'nt know much about anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5