• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problem with the "Add anime I've seen" link

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xyne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
I seem to have a slight problem with the "Add anime I've seen" link. Whenever I click on it then a letter, it says that there are no titles under that letter or I have seen them all, which I know niether is the case. I was wanting to finish adding all the anime I've seen, however now with problem I cannot seem to do so, if you could help me that would be much appreciated.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Xyne wrote:
Whenever I click on it then a letter, it says that there are no titles under that letter or I have seen them all, which I know niether is the case.

I found the function is almost without problem (see below). I could add titles through this method successfully. Could you provide your browser and OS information? In the meantime, see if you can add titles to your 'My Anime' by 1) go to the page of that title, than 2) add it by using links located at the upper right corner (want to / some / all).

However, I DO find a strange problem with 'Add anime I've seen' function. While most titles are functional and have three circular selections (not seen / seen some / seen all), about 1-5% of titles has NO selection circles, and their links is:

animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/seen.php?list=L#N

Instead of the correct following format:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=N

Where L stands for the alphabetic letter list and N stands for the ID number for the title. Most abnormal titles are sporatic throughout the alphabetic list, but titles begin with Dragon Ball, Ginga, Lupin III, and Maho/Mahou have concentrated levels of abnormality.

Any idea, Dan?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Xyne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Well I use microsoft explorer and windows xp if that's what you're asking.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:16 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
However, I DO find a strange problem with 'Add anime I've seen' function. While most titles are functional and have three circular selections (not seen / seen some / seen all), about 1-5% of titles has NO selection circles, and their links is:
animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/seen.php?list=L#N

That's because that link is a reference to the "real" link in the same page. For example, if you go to add "Lovely Sara", you'll find a link that leads you up the page to "Little Princess Sarah (Lovely Sara)"

As for the bug where people see just an empty page (first mentioned here), it's not related to the browser or the OS, it's just a weird bug that happens sometimes to some people but not to others. The same user ids are always targeted by the bug while other user ids will be left alone. It's the first time I see a bug that discriminates.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1