• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Working!! (Wagnaria!!) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 am Reply with quote
I saw Kyoko with a ...badass looking weapon this week. And she didn't look too happy either Surprised

Well anyways, cute episode. I liked the relationship building that actually picked up from where it left off last time involving Jun and Yachiyo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking that they were also going to let the fake Yamadas meet this time too. A little more wait on that one I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow Kirito's va was not used for a harem mc but rather a woman lol.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Lol, boxing gloves and a paper bag. At least here was no punch in the face this week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Wow Kirito's va was not used for a harem mc but rather a woman lol.

That was a funny punchline.

Although Inami thinks that Souta is so dense that he won't pick it up, it does look like the message is hitting that she likes him, and that he is on the cusp of figuring himself out. Any other time Izumi's plan would have been stupid, but it was exactly and unknowingly what was needed, that actually managed to happen.

Also having the almost nonsensical Yamada X Natto plotline right in the middle. Laughing The voices was the best.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
Working!! is doing something that really intrigues me this season; They're parodying "kill 'em all" shows by killing all their running gags, one in each episode.

Irina punching Souta? Dead and quite early in the series. No one mourned.

Souma and Yachiyo's question of a relationship? Dead... and how far did they get already anyway? "Please touch Daisy where he touched you."

Souta's blindness about Irina liking him? Dead.

Yamada and her brother, Yamada and her freeloading, Yamada and entirely Yamada, I guess? The first ones would be described by more demanding people as "plot progression" but as a fan of the School Rumble school of "status quo" romantic comedy comedy, this is starting to get depressing.

Looks like Otoo will finally find his wife too. They're not just ending the series, they're ending everything about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:27 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 6

Oh my, the Yamada situation looks to be nearing a conclusion. Breaking the status quo is kind of good, but next episode is titled "Goodbye Yamada", no Yamada has been so good this season. We also had a bit mentioning Nazuna working is kind of a problem.

The intercutting magical girl Popura was great.

We are half way through it feels like everything is changing. Wait, don't tell me Popura will actually grow!?!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote
That last scene with Yamada smiling melted my heart a bit this episode. Glad she came back in peace Cool
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:44 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 7

We actually got some closure on the whole Yamada thing. Unable to deal with her mother who continued to level a high amount of studying after her father passed away, Yamada left once her brother ate her natto. Which also translated to her mother is simply really bad at expressing herself, she knew what she should do but because she does not know how to do it. She accidentally made things worse when she only wanted to push Aoi only at the level she was comfortable. Her brother while an idiot can read their mother. I assume we will still see her around.

The preview sounds like we might see some romance. It has probably taken me a bit too long, but I noticed the strangely large amount of fake chibi Popura in the OP song. Well I did notice Daisy was included, but there is also a bunch of what appears to be Yamada wearing a wig.

Also, husband met wife.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:06 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 8

Curious, the OP has changed a bit, kind of like how Yamada was added into the first season one. Earlier I think there was only one Daisy among the parade of chibi Popura, but now there is a huge amount, and Yamada's mother is also in there now also.

Satou actually full on sprinted away from Kirio. At least he got one up on and Souma.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 3, Episode 8

Curious, the OP has changed a bit, kind of like how Yamada was added into the first season one. Earlier I think there was only one Daisy among the parade of chibi Popura, but now there is a huge amount, and Yamada's mother is also in there now also.

Satou actually full on sprinted away from Kirio. At least he got one up on and Souma.

A fair description of the episode: One paragraph for the opening, one sentence for the rest of the it. To me, it was all "as I was saying..." repetition as the show stalled on every front.

Wait, there was that one great moment when Satou gave Yachiyo her birthday present. But we already know they're going out so it was just merely sweet. Really, really merely sweet.

And one other thing: Souma's opening his eyes when he's interacting with Aoi now, which is a little weird. So I'm thinking "You don't want to be her big brother as she already has one, you want to be her....?" Does he know or will Satou have to point it out to him? She's high school age so it's not that... well, there has been worse... He's college age, right?

In his favor, he'd never do anything until Aoi brings it up first. I don't think it'll take her that much longer to start thinking that way since she's getting too many lovey dovey couple to imitate.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
Mm, although Yamada has been taking quite a bit of spotlight in the latest episodes, I still find her role to be amusing in this series...
murph76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I adore this season's opening. Have you noticed how spoiler[Yamada pops up in a Popura wig? I love that expression on her face.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
This dream will probably keep up some people awake:

Funny episode this week again. Yamada still remains quite relevant and we get some "love" in the air.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
Ep 10:

Stark700 wrote:
This dream will probably keep up some people awake.

That was spoiler[not a dream] I thought.

For the first time I had some sympathy for Kozue. Her obnoxious cravings and behaviors are at least explained if not justified. But she could really use some counseling which, as far as I can tell, does not exist in Japan.

Mom is a whack job for sure but she gets a few points for getting Izumi to actually get off her flaccid butt and do something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6