• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media Announces the Upcoming Release of Rosario + Vampire: Season II

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strike_zero00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
When I first read the topic title, thought Viz was finally announcing the anime being licensed! Crying or Very sad At least they are getting season 2 of manga.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote
strike_zero00 wrote:
When I first read the topic title, thought Viz was finally announcing the anime being licensed! Crying or Very sad At least they are getting season 2 of manga.

I thought the same thing as well, oh well.

Maybe if the manga of Seasons 1 & 2 sell well enough they will license and dub Seasons 1 & 2?

One can always hope Smile.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote
Why would manga fans want to see the anime licensed? It's so frickin terrible and is one of the worst anime adaptations of a shounen manga that I have ever seen.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Why would manga fans want to see the anime licensed? It's so frickin terrible and is one of the worst anime adaptations of a shounen manga that I have ever seen.

Never having read the manga, I can attest to the anime be a big waste of time, and the end of season 2 was infuriating.
Lonestar9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

I've never read the manga, so can only go from what I've seen of the anime. I really liked it, it's goofy, funny, ecchi, and has a few laughs along the way. I would recommend it, maybe it's more enjoyable if you've not seen the magna, hard to say for me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
Backing up Lonestar9 here. I enjoyed the anime a lot - in fact, more than the manga (which I read after watching the anime). The only drag thing about R + V second season was that too many panty flashes were covered by censor images. Sad
strike_zero00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Backing up Lonestar9 here. I enjoyed the anime a lot - in fact, more than the manga (which I read after watching the anime). The only drag thing about R + V second season was that too many panty flashes were covered by censor images. Sad

Thats why there is a DVD version to watch it uncut!!! Laughing
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
1.) Why would manga fans want to see the anime licensed?

2.) It's so frickin terrible and is one of the worst anime adaptations of a shounen manga that I have ever seen.

1.) Because I just want to? lol Razz

I more than often tend to enjoy the anime adaptation alot more than the manga for most series.

2.) Your opinion(s), not fact(s).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1