• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister V

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:28 am Reply with quote
My only problem is that we still haven't seen those awesome-looking uniforms.
Otherwise the show is consistently good, and getting more interesting - it seems that there are more than two factions at work here? I wasn't expecting the time leaps though, and it's a bit weird that the girl hasn't told anyone about what those Oni told her, especially since she looks like a reasonable character. She's actually become more likeable, at the beginning she was a bit... dull, I guess.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's still interesting. But it can do better. That oni assault especially felt... truncated, I guess. It's like - oh, that's their usual stuff. They drop in for a quick fight every Friday, then leave after a couple minutes. Confused

Also, this series is supposed to be based on a romance sim; this is episode 9, and my question is - where? So far the most we've seen is almost intangible chemistry. Don't tell me it's going for a harem ending Razz
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote
Is anyone here watching season 2? I highly recommend it if you at least kinda liked s1, since its much more concentrated, both in terms of action sequence and emotional content.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching season 2 ouo/ but i'm mostly watching to understand the important stuff i couldn't read in the game.

Mister V wrote:
Also, this series is supposed to be based on a romance sim; this is episode 9, and my question is - where? So far the most we've seen is almost intangible chemistry. Don't tell me it's going for a harem ending Razz

ouo Well actually there isn't alot of romance in the game. especially if you take Hijikata's route... i hated his route >__< / It's the worse. I felt like hijikata and chizuru were like forced romance for his route, all the other felt more natural. But yeah the romance won't be till the very end if the anime is taking hijikata's route. so there won't be any romance till the end of season 2. pretty much. :M unless they switch up the order of events on us for some reason.

??? should i put that game information in spoiler? i thought it was vague enough to be fine with out a spoiler but?
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I think its fine without spoilers, it's a dating sim, so romance is expected.

After the heart rending episode 18 I think I can safely recommend this anime even to people who have no interest in pretty guys...I mean, isn't there a rule as spoiler[to how many main characters a show can kill off per episode?] T-T
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3