• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Dirty Pair: Project Eden

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ly000001

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Hi, Justin. Just another long-time reader, first-time poster here thanking you for all the Buried Treasure articles you've done over the years. They've helped remind me of some of the titles I've watched back in the day, as well as educate me on some that I missed out on (though with the latter I'm still a little miffed that you included the spoiler for Touch Crying or Very sad). I'm especially grateful for your "Robot Carnival" article, for before reading it I never knew there was an R2 DVD release of it (on my last trip to Japan, I picked up a second-hand copy of the edition with the 104 page booklet Smile )
Hoping to see another article sooner than later!
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Homeroom Affairs was put out by Star Anime Enterprises (along with the first two episodes of the shounen soccer w/ dragons anime "Dragon League"). I forget the guy's name, since I only heard about him years after the fact, but he was apparently an East Coast industry cling-on in the VHS era that was a thorn in the side of everyone at the time.

The story goes that he was supposedly so annoying the licensor gave him that show to make him go away.

I never saw Homeroom Affairs, but for some reason I do know that dude's name was David Norell. I never met him (this was all before my time), but I've also never heard anyone say anything good about the guy. One story I recall hearing about him was that he was at some sort of party where he tried to hit on Toren Smith's wife despite Toren Smith being like, right next to him.

Buried Treasure was a great column, and its presence on such a high-profile website as ANN has led many people to watch and find out about anime titles they never would have otherwise. 101 columns in 3-4 years is damn impressive output given what went into writing each one, so hats off to you, Justin, for doing what few others could.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Buried Treasure is easily my favorite article here on ANN, and I'm going to miss seeing it regularly- but at the very least, I can start catching up with the shows from the column I haven't tracked down yet.

Looking forward to your next unearthing, Justin- no matter how it takes! (and I am paitent... heck, I'm still hoping for another Anime Jump Show installment.)
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:03 am Reply with quote
Great to see another column. Too bad it's going to be the last for a while. I figured it was a matter of running out of material. The more rare stuff you collect, the rarer other stuff becomes until it's just not possible to obtain much of anything.

IMO, it's kind of a crappy title to go out on, not because it's a bad show, but because it's not as an obscure name or hard to come across as some of the other ones I've seen you write on. Great Job all the same.

Thanks for the entertaining reads.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
Sad not to see anymore of these for quite some time. I enjoyed reading up on those titles I've seen before, and ones I have yet to see yet. True to argue there's only so much you can cover of such buried treasure/garbaged gems out there. I hardly turn much to this place since I tend to feel a little out of the league with whatever's "it" these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5