• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Anime's Return Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
(I'd post a brag photo of my $450 worth of Kojika DVDs but my camera's on the fritz so meh.)

Good thing you didn't. Florida deputies would have been busting down your door for violating their state's community standards. Wink
blarg01

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:

How would it get edited? The show itself is pretty tame

If you've only sticking with the show and not the manga... nothing tame about what's been going on where I think they left on in S2, which I still need to see. Crying or Very sad
msgundam2

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Annf wrote:
(I'd post a brag photo of my $450 worth of Kojika DVDs but my camera's on the fritz so meh.)

Good thing you didn't. Florida deputies would have been busting down your door for violating their state's community standards. Wink

Wow a state were you can have a romantic relations with animals will send you to prison for anime. that does not sound right.

Back to the topic at hand.
I'm very happy to see this. I have kept up with the manga and it gets much wilder and serious. I'm wondering how will they animate Rin's masturbation scene with out getting a adult rating.
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote
Yes yes yes yes yes! I knew they couldn't just end it with Nigakki! Bring on more damaging psychological issues!
The_Q

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quote
Might as well jump on the bandwagon!

In before 15 page Kodomo no Jikan morality debate.

msgundam2 wrote:

Wow a state were you can have a romantic relations with animals will send you to prison for anime. that does not sound right.

I'm very happy to see this. I have kept up with the manga and it gets much wilder and serious. I'm wondering how will they animate Rin's masturbation scene with out getting a adult rating.

Well, I'm pretty sure Takeyo was being sarcastic. And wait...what!?
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
The_Q wrote:
Might as well jump on the bandwagon!

In before 15 page Kodomo no Jikan morality debate.

msgundam2 wrote:

Well, I'm pretty sure Takeyo was being sarcastic. And wait...what!?

Bestiality really is legal in Florida, but Lolicon isn't. Imagine that?
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:
lunaitc wrote:
You b@stard! If you do that, this series will never be licensed! Razz

If it does get licensed, you can bet it'll get edited out the wazoo. At that point, who'd buy it?

How would it get edited? The show itself is pretty tame, and Strike Witches had more fan service and it caters to loli-cons as well... The main reason I think that it hasn't sold is because it has more slice-of-life and drama and isn't an action show, which from what I see, it doesn't really sell... with the exception of NANA and maybe some other titles as well(?)

However back to topic... I actually can't wait for this! Hopefully it'll be another T.V. Season, as much as I enjoyed the "second season" OVA I would much rather have another season.

I agree, there's a lot less tame stuff that's already been licensed in America, not to mention the fact that Rin is never explicitly nude. If this catches on a little more in Japan, I can see a company like Media Blasters (if they don't collapse first Confused ) picking this one up, no questions asked. Funi wouldn't license it because, despite the fact that it's really not THAT bad in terms of content, it still does deal with a pretty risqué subject that may anger some.

Still: glad there's going to be more of this show. Love-love-LOVE it, and was always pi$$ed that Seven Seas dropped it from publication.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
How would it get edited?

I've read fan sub sites show the edited version. If they're doing it, no way am I betting a company's going to release it unedited.
I've also heard the show isn't "out there" as many people suspect, but show the clip of Kokonoe licking the finger of her teacher, with eyes closed, and see how many people wouldn't have a problem with just that scene alone. Never mind the skirt raising scene.
I should point out I only know of these scenes because they're talked about often. I've yet to see the series for myself and, honestly, have no desire to even though I think Kokonoe's rather cute. Like a puppy, not jailbait. Have to clarify this for some reason.

Quote:
Strike Witches had more fan service and it caters to loli-cons as well...

Please insert any scene from Strike Witches where there's an underage girl having contact with a grown male or purposely raise their skirts to entice a reaction here:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, ends this pointless comparison. I will not concern myself with people who think anime's only purpose is to get grown males off by showing panty shots. I don't like going that far. It's been around for years and it's not going away. Deal with it or find another form of entertainment which suits morality issues better.

Try House, because there's nothing like seeing a grown woman dress up in a school girl uniform. Rolling Eyes
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

I've read fan sub sites show the edited version. If they're doing it, no way am I betting a company's going to release it unedited.

What those fan subs sites are releasing are the TV version which has editing, but the DVD version is uncensored. I've seen both, and the edits make some things seem much worse than they are in reality.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otaking09

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Code Geass (Lelouch is really still alive, really!)

Uh... no he's not. Goro said that in a press anouncement.
Why can't fans simply accept his death? Fans accepted L's death in Death Note.
While I sympathize for his request for sequel series, but even IF his wishes were granted, it's HIGHLY doubtful they'd get treated with love over here...
It's time to make peace with what's available right now, and to enjoy what we can! And if, by chance, there's NOTHING out there for you (that means you too Zac!), open your minds and try to see how what's enjoyable for others aren't for you.

It's not enough to just complain about dissatisfaction. Just... watch something!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
Y'all really should thank me for providing an actual villain for your persecution complexes.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
tiredgamer wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Forgot to mention: in before the "I can't believe this shit gets another season any my favorite shows does not" people.

*list removed*

There, that should cover it all. Wink

Your list, it makes no sense. Half that stuff has sequels, and half doesn't. What are you getting at?
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Y'all really should thank me for providing an actual villain for your persecution complexes.

LOL. They came first for the Communists...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I'll only be watching this if it has an edited TV version (with the spinning Hiragana). I tried watching the OVAs but it was just too loli-fanservicey, which is a shame, cause the story is actually pretty dang touching.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I tried watching the anime awhile back to see what all the fuss was about. I don't think the ending credits of the fist OVA had even started rolling before I pulled a Token "I'm out" and hit delete.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10