• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming: Ghost Stories 1-20(dub/sub)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Thunderbird- wrote:
This is kind of annoying. I already have loads of legally streamed I haven't seen and now there's even more. Normally this would be a good thing but I'm worried because Funimation recently took down most of their Jinki: Extend episodes and they might do that for some of their other shows.

Generally, only whole-series Funimation dubs are taken down. The subtitled versions and the first 2-4 episodes of the dub are kept up. Or at least, that's what they've been doing for the past few months...
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I came really close to throwing this series in my last shopping order, but the feedback on the ADV dub kind of put a damper on it. Not that I'm against it by any means, but for $30, I didn't want to take the chance.

I'm glad it's streaming so now I can make the decision for the next order!

I've a question, though. In watching the second episode (skipped the first), the timer for the ad says "60 seconds remain", but then shifts back to 60 after the first commercial and I'm watching yet another commercial for Slim Fast (for a grand total of 3 in a row at 90 seconds total).

Is this normal or is something going on with the ad feed which is accidentally resetting the ad timer?

I left after the 3rd ad. It looked to be loading yet another one. My tolerance level had been exceeded, especially given these ads were anything but entertaining.

EDIT: Using Firefox 3.6.4.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Yes, the Slimfast ad loading 3 times is one of three issues. We're working on it.

EDIT: 2 of the 3 bugs have been fixed, including this one. Waiting on the 3rd one before we go live.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Who cares? You should read this thread.

lol my mistake then. I didn't know people could get so annoyed over something like that. Especially when it seems to have improved the show.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Yes, the Slimfast ad loading 3 times is one of three issues. We're working on it.

EDIT: 2 of the 3 bugs have been fixed, including this one. Waiting on the 3rd one before we go live.

Woots! Looking forward to streaming here at the site for the first time ever. Smile
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
jsevakis wrote:

Woots! Looking forward to streaming here at the site for the first time ever. Smile

Just an fyi: Everyone should watch the dub. Its freaking brilliant in that "so bad its good" way.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
Just an fyi: Everyone should watch the dub. Its freaking brilliant in that "so bad its good" way.

Funny, because I think it's brilliant in that "so hilarious it'll make you cry" kind of way. I definitely wouldn't call it a bad dub. Not at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Duamerthrax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:
jsevakis wrote:

Saying the Ghost Stories dub is so bad it's good is kind of misleading.

Plan 9 from Outer Space and most of the Buried Trash(the rest would fall under slow and boring) column qualifies as "So bad it's good."

Ghost Stories is exactly what ADV wanted it to be. "So wrong it's awesome."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2