• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strawberry 100% Streaming via Viz Anime, Hulu

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Takeyo wrote:
njprogfan wrote:
The OVA's are a heckuva lot better then the series, with the manga trumping everything. Still, it's nice to see an older series brought over....now will you please bring us Lovely Complex!!!

Agreed. I'm not a shoujo fan, but I would snatch up Lovely Complex in an instant.

I'm kinda half and half, shoujo/shonen. Strawberry 100% is in my top 5 shoujo with 3 finished, (Chibi Vampire, Love♥Com, Chobits). The three that are finished were very well done and pretty much faithful with the manga they were based on, with Chibi Vampire straying for the most part, but they had the characterization down. Strawberry 100% was so blandly animated and totally missed out on some really laugh-out loud humor from the manga. I mean, there were times reading the manga where I just busted a gut. If they ever do put the series out on DVD with the OVA's, I would think twice before buying.

Uh,Strawberry 100% is'nt actually a shoujo,it's more of a comedy Harem Shounen in comparison to something like Alice 19th,they even lable this manga as part of the Shounen Jump Advanced series,I own the first 2 volumes of the manga.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 am Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
njprogfan wrote:
Takeyo wrote:
njprogfan wrote:
The OVA's are a heckuva lot better then the series, with the manga trumping everything. Still, it's nice to see an older series brought over....now will you please bring us Lovely Complex!!!

Agreed. I'm not a shoujo fan, but I would snatch up Lovely Complex in an instant.

I'm kinda half and half, shoujo/shonen. Strawberry 100% is in my top 5 shoujo with 3 finished, (Chibi Vampire, Love♥Com, Chobits). The three that are finished were very well done and pretty much faithful with the manga they were based on, with Chibi Vampire straying for the most part, but they had the characterization down. Strawberry 100% was so blandly animated and totally missed out on some really laugh-out loud humor from the manga. I mean, there were times reading the manga where I just busted a gut. If they ever do put the series out on DVD with the OVA's, I would think twice before buying.

Uh,Strawberry 100% is'nt actually a shoujo,it's more of a comedy Harem Shounen in comparison to something like Alice 19th,they even lable this manga as part of the Shounen Jump Advanced series,I own the first 2 volumes of the manga.

True, true it's not exactly shoujo even though there's enough aspects of shoujo, i.e. the romance. I guess because of all the panty shots and such it garnered the inclusion in the Jump Advanced series, (women I assume are not one for the perverted thoughts of Junpei Smile). Plus, the harem aspect is really warranted with another girl added in the latest volume 12. That makes 6 now? I've lost count...
Maur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
Not sure who I should be contacting for this but the episodes aren't updating correctly. The season 2 eps are now replacing the season 1. I.E. eps 1-3 right now are from season 2 while 4-13 are season 1

By "season 2" I mean the special and OVAs that are being uploaded
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2