• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Film Z's New Ads Preview Enemy, Avril Lavigne's Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Sooo we hate our Japanese counterparts now? Like America has such superior taste. Have you seen 4chan? Have you been to reddit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
You mean canon, as in coming from the manga or from Oda?

It might not be canon in the fact that it might not have an effect on the overall storyline, but if it's by the creator, it's at least semi-canon.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Keiichi-chan wrote:
apparently, she's very big in japan right now.

It's the same country that thinks Tingle from the "Zelda" games deserves his own spin-off, thought "Avatar: The Last Airbender" was offensive, and thinks "Gundam SEED: Destiny" was a work of art.

Huh? When did this happen? Are you talking about the casting of the live action movie which was mostly controversial in Japan. But I haven't heard any controversy about the show in Japan.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
The casting of The Last Airbender was certainly controversial in the US, 'cause, you know, it's an American Nickelodeon show. "Race bending" was the term that came out of that.

Everyone should hate that movie, not just Japan. If you don't like the TV show, you're speaking an alien language to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animefan16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote
Crap, typo. actually I meant controversial in the States. I never heard of any controversy about it in Japan. I had no idea if Animeking was talking about the US or Japan. It sounded like he was talking about Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2