• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Adds Bakumatsu Era: Code Geass Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Sketchor wrote:
For Bandai:

Several Sunrise anime have seen remastered releases in Japan. Any possibly of some Gundam series, Outlaw Star and the like getting a remastered release in America? Maybe Blu-Ray as well?

Will there be a box set of the original Mobile Suit Gundam? I'd be interested even if it was dub only but all the more interested if we could get a Japanese audio track with English subs this time around.

For FUNimation:

Has Nicktoons expressed interest in any other anime beyond DBZ Kai?

Is DBZ Kai the only FUNimation anime that will be airing on 4Kids Toonzai block?

Yes, there are some great remasters coming from Sunrise. Smile Kind of same answer as before, lots of things being discussed re Blu-ray, nothing set yet, sorry be a broken record on this one.

As for Original GUNDAM I can say what my boss revealed at the Otakon panel: this has finally become a real topic of conversation. Noted on the Japanese audio and subs. I think the powers that be are aware of this overall sentiment as its been expressed to us quite a bit.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Dragonpiece wrote:
rnapton wrote:
A question on the future of more Gundam announcements.

The number one question we get.

We're happy to have announced TURN A, I don't have any details as yet regarding the specs for the title.

As mentioned at Otakon, we know the demand for some kind of re-release of original Gundam. No plan is set, but it's being discussed.
That's good to hear, just know Bandai, not much people are demanding a dub here, we just want the show, as fast as possible! Surprised

Understood!
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
To Bandai: Sunrise planning to do another HiME project soon for this year, is it possible to have it simulcast soon?

The new HIME is not on my radar at all, so no plans as yet. BUT we did announce the OTOME prequel OVAS, hope you are into that.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
lheiskell wrote:
Sketchor wrote:
To FUNimation or Bandai

How about some Bandai anime on the FUNimation Channel? There's not just FUNimation licensed anime on there afterall.

We have VIZ series on the FUNimation Channel. How about it Robert?

Lance Heiskell
Con Chair
Baltiport 2010

Gonna have to pass the buck on that one to those who handle our broadcast stuff.

The Baltiport Rave is about to start in First Class. DJ Scratch-n-sniff is in da house!!!
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Sketchor wrote:
To Bandai

I'd like to see a dub for Turn-A. If at all possible from the same group and ADR director as Gundam Unicorn because I thought it was the best dub Gundam has had in years. But seriously anything but Blue Water, if you're thinking Ocean then for the love of all things good and decent send it to West Wood in Vancouver not Blue Water in Calgary.

I'd be plenty content with a sub-only release but what I'd rather see is a sub-only stream as soon as possible and a billingual DVD release.

And what are Turn-A's chances for airing on Syfy's Ani-Monday block run by Manga Entertainment? Or any other Bandai shows for that matter. I was really happy to see Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann aired there.

I'm glad you liked Unicorn's dub so much. Michael at NYAV did a fantastic job and it was great having him and Stephanie on hand to introduce the show at Otakon. We would have had them at Baltiport but they were outbound elsewhere. Maybe next year.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
kikin0083 wrote:
for bandai

any chance of getting SD Gundam force season 1 as an anime legends? i know it didn't do well here, but damn it, its still Gundam and those Zaku's look soooo cute.

Don't know but will pass that along to the Anime Legends gods who decide all.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Elisian wrote:
Bandai: Any chance of us getting a domestic release of the SD Gundam Romance of the Three Kingdoms?

"there are always possibilites"

name the movie the quote comes from and I'll try to make it happen.

just kidding, I'm not sure, but will pass that along.

Didn't there was so much love for SD
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I'll toss out one more question/comment--given Bandai's apparent success with manga and the release of novelizations in the case of Gundam 00 and Code Geass, what of the prospects for adapting the Gundam Unicorn novels? I don't expect a solid answer on this, of course, but I do hope this will be strongly considered. I would buy those books and I suspect many fans that are enjoying the Unicorn OVA right now would also.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
The Holy American Empire wrote:
I noticed Bandai's online store has a lot of Code Geass goodies. Seems like they could put some snazzy art boxes there for sale and people would buy them...

Thanks for checking out "THE STORE" and noted on the boxes. Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum but we recently made available the missing Crayon cover 6 of Lucky Star as a store exclusive so it was nice as I know people were bummed that never got released. Hoping to do more exclusive stuff, art boxes are expensive to make in low quantities so it's not impossible but nothing planned yet.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
kikin0083 wrote:
I noticed Bandai's online store has a lot of Code Geass goodies. Seems like they could put some snazzy art boxes there for sale and people would buy them...

gundam 00 artboxes FTW

Yes! Those too. I would buy them for both series Very Happy I bet a lot of people would.

NOTED Smile
Logan Essex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I think this was one of the best "Con's" I've ever witnessed. Felt much more personal. I just feel bad that I couldn't come up with a good question until after it was over. I'll just have to hold them until NYCC/AF.

Ah, what the hey. I saw that Bandai was giving out Lucky Star T-Shirts at their panel. Any chance that there were any from the unreleased Vol #6 SE? And if yes any way I could eventually possibly get one? It's the only one I'm missing (obviously) Laughing

Logan
Bandai's Unofficial New York Anime Fest Lucky Star T-Shirt modeler.
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Yay I knew there was another Code Geass manga, but I didn't think it was going to be licensed I will buy it when the volume comes out. So does it only has one volume and thats it or is there more?? Kinda wished they got Renya too, but they will get it eventually in 4 or 5 years..... Sad

I hear you on Renya, again, I just had one of those moments and I confused the titles, sorry for the confusion, it's 100 percent my bad. But hey, we've been pretty diligent about getting all the Geass manga released, so stay tuned... and check out KNIGHT and QUEEN in the meantime!
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
NeoMaster1 wrote:
Crappy impromptu commemorative con badge, anyone?
(Don't ask. I just felt like it.)

Here it is

LOVE THIS, THANKS!
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
hmm they did say another Q&A will be on August 2nd from 11-1PM right?? Well then if you guys do come back I have some questions I've been dying to ask forever

to Bandai:

First Question:

How come you guys didn't license the sound and picture dramas from Code Geass R2 like you did with R1?? Also why didn't you include more extra goodies like you also did with R1 like character sketches OSTs stuff like that??

Unfortunately, the approached to R2 was made necessary by a changing marketplace in the US at that time.

Second Question:

I've always wondered why Bandai Namco didn't license the Code Geass: Lost Colors or Code Geass Banjou no Geass Gekijou games in English??

Can't speak for the Games division, different flight.
Third Question:

Are you guys going to eventually license all the Gundam series??

LOL, I can't escpae this question, not even at 30,000 feet, though I'm currently on the ground. I can't say when or how but hopefully yes.

To Funimation:

Do you have any plans of licensing Reborn, Ef A Tale of Melodies/Ef A Tale of Memories, and/or 07 Ghost (I've been dying to see these licensed since I watched them)?? I was wondering more about Reborn since all the anime fansubs you wrote cease and desist letters for you eventually licensed.

My other question to you has already been asked it was about the Card Captor Sakura re-license and re-dub. I would love to buy it if you guys did re-dub it. Its way better than paying $800~$1,000 on E-bay to get the uncut subbed DVDs from Geneon.
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Baltiport.com, the official website for Baltiport 2010 is now open!

The con might be over, but the fun lasts forever.

Lance Heiskell
Con Chair
Baltiport 2010

Where registration is free but your first checked baggage costs 25 dollars.

Last edited by lheiskell on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 15