• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Nice little collection. Smile What is the figure behind her from? Looks like some sort of metal man?

Ned Kelly's armour.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
geishageek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
So I finally got my Ultimate Madoka in the mail today and she is huge and glorious.

I did confirm that she has her foot wings, as I know I have seen a post here and more than 1 at other figure sites where the wings were missing. I cannot wait until I can debox her and display her. Just hope I have some place large and steady to put her on!
OldPilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote
I really wish I hadn't missed out on the Suzuha Amane pre-order from Steins;Gate with her mountain bike. Any idea where I might still be able to pre-order it?
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 am Reply with quote
Anime Island still has her for pre-order http://www.anime-island.com/products/steins-gate-suzuha-amane-mountain-bike-1-8-scale-figure.html (do not know for how much longer), but I have not seen her available anywhere else.
OldPilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote
Thanks, but that is a little bit more than I was hoping to find her for.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
Just orderd from AmiAmi

Panty

Stocking

Ichika

I missed out on the original Panty and Stocking and was really happy then they announced the re-release. I am glad they still had some Stockings left to go along with Panty. Always late to the party. Now to track down Scanty and Kneesocks. Maybe they will get a re-release as well and I can get them then.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
These lovley ladies arrived today from a used shop in Japan. I had just randomly come across them on ebay and the seller had no idea who they were on where they came from. As soon as I saw them I'm like.. "those are my girls for Kagihime/Eternal Alice Rondo.. I must buy" as I had never seen anything by Kaishaku in figure form before, except for some really old and small Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto figures. These may not be the best quality figures but at least I can say I own them. Picture are courtesy of Myfigurecollection.net

BrandonL337

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
So I'm looking for a bit of advice ladies and gents, I recently bought a tamashii nations rebuild of evangelion Unit 1 and while I love it to death i've run into a bit of a problem. I can't get the hands off. The hands that are supplied for use with the AT field part are very tight and i can't seen to get them off the wrist joint. I have a similar problem with the main head, although in that case, because the ball joint at the neck also comes out, the head simply takes the joint with it.

Do you guys have any suggestions for loosening too tight joints?
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
BrandonL337 wrote:
Do you guys have any suggestions for loosening too tight joints?

Freeze the figure for about 2 hours. Remove it and let it set for about 10-20 minutes. During this thaw, the PVC is often softer until it reaches room temperature.

However, this comes with a caution. Because the pegs are generally thinner, they're also more susceptible to damage. To prevent his damage, slightly tug at the hand.

Try a couple of tugs, but do not pull (jerk) the hand. The goal is to take advantage of the pliability of the PVC, not actually remove the peg from the hold, if this makes sense.

If, after tugging, the hand does not remove, this indicates the peg may have a "ball tip" or is too wide for the hole, and was forced into place.

This poses a greater potential at breakage of the peg to the specific hand because it's difficult to remove them without snapping them, leaving part of the peg in the hole.

I'm assuming the figure has a movable hand (since many do now). In this regard, you'll need to place a very strong grip on the joint and pull straight out in the direction of the wrist (this will indicate the direction of the hole). You do not want to pull in a direction that's not in line with the hole. This will guarantee a snapping of the peg.

I would also recommend you research this figure online as others may have had the same situation, or worse, horror stories how removing the hands broke them, which means an attempt may be futile.
MajinSaga

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
{Bandai} Saint Seiya Myth Cloth - 10th Anniversary Edition God Cloth's / Athena Cloth /Announced!

May 15th 2013 marked another major announcement for Bandai's Saint Seiya Myth Cloth line. At the beginning of May, Bandai gave us a brief teaser on their Myth Cloth line and stated that a major announcement will be made on the 15th May; and we finally get full info on what's to come! First off, and foremost... it has been 10 years since the launch of the Myth Cloth line. Time flies and it has already been 10 years. With the introduction of the EX line or the so-called version 2.0, and with the Myth Cloth line seemingly coming to an end, Bandai dropped us some rather intriguing news to enhance the Cosmo for the Myth Cloth line to burn up once again! No news regarding about the EX line though. Here were the highlights:

http://tendoutoys.blogspot.com/2013/05/bandai-saint-seiya-myth-cloth-10th.html

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's just way too much sparkle for one shelf to handle.
OldPilot

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
Kurisu Makise from Steins Gate
Good Smile Company 1/8 Figure
Falconhood

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
nice pictures.

Last edited by Falconhood on Mon May 27, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
I was pleasantly surprised to get a payment request this morning for Alter's Hanna-Justina Marseille. After seeing Hartmann delayed for months, I wasn't at all optimistic Alter would release her this summer.

Maybe, just maybe, Alter is getting back on schedule after all the delays during the last year. With only Perrine, Lynette, and Lucchini left, is it too much to hope that I'll have a complete set of Witches in the next 18 months?
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised to get a payment request this morning for Alter's Hanna-Justina Marseille. After seeing Hartmann delayed for months, I wasn't at all optimistic Alter would release her this summer.

Maybe, just maybe, Alter is getting back on schedule after all the delays during the last year. With only Perrine, Lynette, and Lucchini left, is it too much to hope that I'll have a complete set of Witches in the next 18 months?

Haha! I was about to post my appreciation that my Hanna is now shipped.

I concur. I've been waiting anxiously for Alter to finish the original cast (and a bit dismayed they jumped onto Hanna).

This series has kind of diminished since nothing new has come of it. I hope this isn't a sign they're not working to finish up the cast.

Because I'll be sorely pissed off if they don't give us the rest. Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 94 of 111