• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:43 pm Reply with quote
My Kanna figure finally got delivered today!

Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:25 am Reply with quote
The Deedlit kit that I ordered way back in August 2019 arrived this week. As I feared, she not only had to be assembled, she also needed to be painted.

I took a minimalist approach to the painting. I restricted myself to the inside of the cloak, the belts and highlights to said belts, the breastplate armour, the shoulder armour, the sword, boots and the gloves. She's only 9cm high (just over 3½ inches to Americans), so the photos exaggerate the mistakes and blotches.

The eyes and her forehead pendant were transfers.. and an almighty pain in the neck. The pendant ended up skewed to one side but, happily the forehead hair bangs pretty much cover it.

My amateur efforts don't bear close scrutiny, but on my shelf she looks quite good.

Here's a couple of views of the entire collection.

Finally, I ordered Holo on 31 December. The colour of her dress has been change but, hey, more green for my shelf. That's worth celebrating.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Nice stuff, Errinundra. I personally would not be ambitious enough to order and unpainted figure, but kudos to those prepared to take it on. It's been ages since I last bought a figure. Just ran out of display space (and money).
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I've running out of space as well. When life gets back to normal after covid - if it ever does - I need to buy another set of shelves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:08 am Reply with quote
Is Deedlit going commando? It's just off-putting to me that I can see her crotch. Am I just seeing things?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:19 am Reply with quote
It is off-putting.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I rather like the Holo figure. Your painting job on Deedlit is good, I wouldn't fret. Though the fact they went with the commando look is a bit off putting. It just doesn't look right with the way the dress flows. Not that seeing her panties is needed to make the figure work and be worth it, but it just would've made her look better. Or preferably alter the "flow" of the dress so we don't even see her bits to begin with.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Clearly, the breezes of Lodoss are strong!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Her magic skirt isn't working in this instance.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Nice stuff, Errinundra. I personally would not be ambitious enough to order and unpainted figure, but kudos to those prepared to take it on. It's been ages since I last bought a figure. Just ran out of display space (and money).

I bought an unpainted figure once, since I really liked the character, but didn't believe that there would ever be pre-painted figure of them.
Since I have about zero confidence in my painting ability, I commissioned someone to paint it. It was expensive, but they did a *great* job, and I'm very happy to have the finished figure on my shelf.

Last edited by gsilver on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I just noticed that you had a Yuki Mori figure in your collection, Erinnundra. I wound up finding a really nice 1/8 scale Makoto Harada figure in a used shop in Tokyo a few years ago for 2980 yen.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:07 am Reply with quote
@ gsilver,

That paint job leaves my effort for dead.

@ Beltane70,

Complete with bottle of sake for the doctor?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:23 pm Reply with quote
@ gsilver - you clearly got your money's worth! What a beautiful job.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:14 am Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:

@ Beltane70,

Complete with bottle of sake for the doctor?

Yes, actually!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey, want a quick way to feel like a massive perv? I discovered it recently. Dust your figures. By some unfathomable coincidence, a very large part of my collection of figures just *happens* to be made up of scantily clad females, most of whom are quite chesty. I have no idea how things ended up that way, of course.

In order to make sure I do a thorough job, I dust my dollies without my contacts in. This allows me to bring the figure quite close to my eyes which, if I left my contacts in, would render everything a blur.

So there I am, hunched over my kitchen table painstakingly dusting off the gals with a Kleenex and/or damp rag, whichever works better on the particular plastic they are made of, rubbing every inch of their surfaces. Needless to say, I draw the blinds shut before beginning the process. Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 110 of 111