• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Brush with Greatness

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, the concept of having more RPGs with protagonists closer to my own age does intrigue me, at the very least. One can only put up with 17 year old heroes for so long...
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes... here we go with the start of the big PSP rush for the season then. Those two games are certainly a hell of a warm up, but the main events for me personally are Kingdom Hearts BBS and God of War GoS.

Also seems the Wii's hot season is kicking off with Metroid, which looks nice and all, but I'm really counting the days off to Epic Mickey here.

Great season for games on the way. Just a shame so many great looking titles are set to get buried in the wave of Halo mediocrity hitting next month Rolling Eyes
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Catherine: Oh yeah, just what we need in the gaming industry: boobies, boobies and more boobies. Even if it has a compelling or interesting story, it'll still have boobies.

Naruto: I'll just quietly watch Shippuden, though I have to say it's really starting to bore me (just take Sasuke back for god's sake). As for Atlus taking on these two upcoming games, it's their choice. If they really think this will boost their sales, let them. After all, every 12 year old and their cousin is a Naruto fan, hence increasing sales due to the brat demographic in the U.S. I only ever played one Naruto game, and that was Uzumaki Chronicles 2; that's all the Naruto I ever plan to play.

Dodonpachi: I do not approve of that poor English. As an English teacher, I do not abide by spelling "know" and "maggot" like that Anime hyper

Ace Combat: Wow, no one really got fired for that? Anyway, considering that fiasco was over 10 years ago, should it really matter to bring up that steaming pile of editor fail again? The 90s are now ancient times, and while racism is wrong, people get away with it regardless.

VC2: This reminds me I still need to finish watching the anime series. I lost track of where I was though.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
The Ace Combat review controversy made for an interesting read. If nothing else, the game may have gained some publicity as a result of the storm surrounding the failed prank, albeit not in the most courteous of manners.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I can barely wait in anticipation/anxiety for Other M. It could be a disaster, it could be a masterpiece, or it could be another unloved great title like Fusion...or Majora's Mask (the latter not being a Metroid title, but equally initially unloved).

And Okamiden just might be the last greatest DS title before giving way to the 3DS. Oh wait, there's Ghost Trick...
Twilightmaster wrote:
I'm looking forward to playing other M, despite my hesitations that it's probably going to either a. be too easy like all nintendo games these days, or b. have clunky controls like i've heard some previews address.
Famistu recently reviewed Other M and docked points on the basis that it was "too difficult", but based on the impressions, the controls are actually spot on with a little adjustment for switching the controller between sideways/pointer.
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Famistu recently reviewed Other M and docked points on the basis that it was "too difficult", but based on the impressions, the controls are actually spot on with a little adjustment for switching the controller between sideways/pointer.

That's good to hear. I've already got it on my gamefly queue, but I was worried a little since I haven't read much about it.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I love the Persona games, so I'm looking forward to see what that staff does with Catherine.

As to the Naruto stuff, and being a fan... meh. That series has a zillion fight/brawler games. If I were to buy another Naruto game I'd want it to be another Ubisoft game (I really enjoyed their series), or one of the Path of the Ninja sequels which look destined to never coming out here.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Catherine looks like an interesting game. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2