• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime News Network to Launch 1st Simulcast, Oreimo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demon of Rashomon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote
I must also offer my heartfelt congratulations on this awesome achievement, but at the same time reiterate the unanswered question of region availability. Where, if anywhere, outside the US will this be available? I'm greatly looking forward to it.
Edit: Ah I see, you'll be announcing more details on Wednesday. I look forward to it.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

"...A series about a guy who's in love with his sister...you know...one of those 'subversive incest' otaku shows."

Kirino makes it quite clear in the first episode that she has NO interest in her brother. The thought of "3D" incest grosses her out.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
After watching the first episode it seemed clear to me that this is bascially Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (not Purezza) except that Haruka is the main character's sister. Of course, in Haruka the "secret" is spilled like 3 episodes in and it never really went anywhere other than watching Haruka feint because of yaoi doujinshi.

Anyway, I didn't see reason to stop watching OreImo based on the first episode, especially if it's going to be available for streaming here on ANN.

I'm curious to see where the story goes from here. I mean, a guy can only play so many of these eroge before the jokes start running out, so will this have any sort of plot? And, like Haruka... will this have cosplay? Cause I could so see Kirino wearing Azunyan's school uniform from K-ON!
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
I like that you're venturing into actual simulcasting and I don't wanna question your judgment or anything, but don't you think you should've gotten something with a broader appeal? The name alone sends people running in the other direction.

Last edited by v1cious on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
Reaper gI: Well, I say arguably because I just got more out of Lucky Star. I liked the jokes. But really both shows are fundementally about nothing and ride the cute wave more thing anything. They occupy the different degrees that is the basics of a moe series. Lucky Star is cute/cutified girls doing cute funny things via gag style. K-On is the cute girls doing normal/funny/amusing things via slice of life type of things plus they sing. Either show can somewhat break out of the moe model because of overall quality and depending if their other aspects (comedy and slice of life) appeal to you or not. But really both shows don't have that kind of distinction like Haruhi or Toradora does where the moe is more secondary rather then primary.

v1cious: I agree to an extent. Most people will probably wait for some kinda of review. But really the only board series are shonen series and I think those are tapped out right now.
maehara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
As for all the people who are amused about the "irony" of the license: "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Or rather in this case, don't judge an anime by its title. Watch the first episode and you'll find out that its more a slightely moe Genshiken than the siscon mess that the translated name implies (that's why we chose not to translate the name).

I think Zac missed that memo. Very Happy

Yeah, some ANN staffers have made their views on this sort of show very well known so there's some karma in the pickup. This amuses me greatly. But hey, ANN's a business and choosing what shows to simulcast is a business decision, not one of personal taste. Go for it.

Now, if you could just make it available to the UK...
zalas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Yes, sadly we won't be simulcasting this within 24 hours of the Japanese broadcast. We tried, but... More on that later.

In all fairness, I don't see the broadcast showing up on the official Nico Nico Douga channel yet either (unless they're hiding the clips from people without Japanese IP addresses instead of listing the clips and not allowing people to watch them?), and they're also broadcasting the show this quarter. Besides, there are multiple Japanese TV broadcasts per week, depending on which channel and what region of Japan you are in, etc.
loka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Way to go, ANN!
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
So does that mean that the "3 mysterious Aniplex series" ... Orelmo and Togaino no Chi that they twittered about, and Star Driver that has the screening they are co-hosting at NYAF ... are going to be spread around, or does it mean that all three will be coming to ANN.

If it was all three here, that would solve the "how will you explain to people how it all started" thing, since it would be, "Oh, we started simulcasting in Fall2010 with Star Driver and two others ..."
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on your first simulcast!

I do have to find it funny that this is the first series you're getting, as even if it is a case of don't judge a book by it's cover, the title when combined with the basic premise does imply the series will go in... certain directions.

And you tried to get Queen's Blade? Interesting. Imagine if THAT had been ANN's first series, that would have been even more ironic. Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad ANN is getting into the simulcasting biz. Ideally, I'd love to have legit access to every single anime currently broadcasting in Japan. It's unlikely that one outlet will ever be able to provide that (although CR seems to want to give it the ole college try!) but several outlets doing their own thing conceivably could.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least ANN is getting into simulcasts. That's good news.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Even if the first episode is delayed, will later episodes actually be simultaneous to the Japanese TV airing?
Ranma824

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Watch the first episode and you'll find out that its more a slightely moe Genshiken than the siscon mess that the translated name implies (that's why we chose not to translate the name).

LOL

Somebody make sure that the talkback thread of each episode has the translated name; preferable with the "My Little Sister" part big and bolded. Twisted Evil
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Good job for Wincest, gumshoe! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8