• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yui Haga's Lotte no Omocha! Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quote
"The story of Lotte no Omocha! revolves around Naoya, a boy who is brought to a magical world to be a candidate for the harem of the princess, Astarotte. "

How utterly original. I eagerly expect the bath scene where he walks in on the girls and gets pummeled. I wish more people would do something more original with that scene. Like Qwaser did: Shasa walks in on the girls, calmly says "Oh, so this is the bathroom", dodges every projectile thrown at him, goes for a closer look at the girls' breast, says "Wonderful" in Russian, then walks off like nothing happened.
Demonic+Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
"The story of Lotte no Omocha! revolves around Naoya, a boy who is brought to a magical world to be a candidate for the harem of the princess, Astarotte. "

How utterly original. I eagerly expect the bath scene where he walks in on the girls and gets pummeled. I wish more people would do something more original with that scene. Like Qwaser did: Shasa walks in on the girls, calmly says "Oh, so this is the bathroom", dodges every projectile thrown at him, goes for a closer look at the girls' breast, says "Wonderful" in Russian, then walks off like nothing happened.

I think someone forgot to mention that the princess is also a ten-year-old succubus who greatly despises men.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I wish more people would do something more original with that scene. Like Qwaser did: Shasa walks in on the girls, calmly says "Oh, so this is the bathroom", dodges every projectile thrown at him, goes for a closer look at the girls' breast, says "Wonderful" in Russian, then walks off like nothing happened.
That's why Qwaser was awesome. Cool

Here's a better synopsis
Quote:
In the medieval fantasy world of Alfheimr, succubus princess Astrarotte Ygvar, the first princess of the kingdom of Ygvar, has just reached the age of 10.lol wut? For the coming years of a young succubus' life, it is necessary for them to have a male harem. In order to maintain their body and preserve their beautiful appearance, they must consume a substance only found on males. This substance is a liquid called "Sauzfryma", better known as semen. The princess, however, bears a great dislike against men, and only agrees to create a harem if a human male is to join.

In the human world Midgar, young father Touhara Naoya was greeted by a suspicious lady one day, claiming that she is a fortune teller. She also claims that she can help him find the "perfect job" fitted for him. Even though it seems suspicious, he accepts the free consultation in order to support himself and his young daughter. After meeting in the park with the suspicious lady a day later, he suddenly found himself in Alfheimr, a medieval fantasy realm located on a different world. The mysterious lady uncloaks her true identity as the Head Chamberlain of the kingdom of Ygvarland. He was then lead to the palace of Ygvarland, and there, the "job" he accepted was finally revealed; he was to become a human candidate for princess Astrarotte's harem.

I stopped reading after the word semen by the way.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I stopped reading after the word semen by the way.

Funny, I stopped after "has just reached the age of 10."

What happened to everyone being 15?! Crying or Very sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a delightful, Norman Rockwell-esque romp for the whole family.
nonjsensejack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
fudge yeah! Lolicon! Also perhaps some good ol father-daughter incest!
dreamweaver3d

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
The manga is done by a guy who is *famous* for his Disgaea doujinshi.

For the folks who love Disgaea (the game, not the anime), this show might be right up your alley.

For the most part, the manga is rather clean. Sure you get the occasional dirty joke now and then, and his daughter doesn't like wearing underwear, but I think (if they stick to the source material) you won't get anything as outrageous as Qwaser.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
dreamweaver3d wrote:
I think (if they stick to the source material) you won't get anything as outrageous as Qwaser.

Actually... volume I at least, Quaser is not really that outrageous. The anime upped the ero like... 30 times.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
The manga is pretty good imo. For one thing the male lead has actually gotten laid. There's some other twist to the story but I won't give it away. heh
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
This sounds awesome. Reminds me of an old copypasta story from /a/ with a similar premise (alternate reality in which semen is part of a balanced breakfast for young girls).

dreamweaver3d wrote:

For the most part, the manga is rather clean. Sure you get the occasional dirty joke now and then, and his daughter doesn't like wearing underwear, but I think (if they stick to the source material) you won't get anything as outrageous as Qwaser.

Yeah, hopefully they'll up the ero content by a good bit.

And isn't it an interesting twist on the genre that it's a female with a male harem, and not the other way around? And still male-oriented and not fujoshi.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
This sounds awesome. Reminds me of an old copypasta story from /a/ with a similar premise (alternate reality in which semen is part of a balanced breakfast for young girls).

dreamweaver3d wrote:

Yeah, hopefully they'll up the ero content by a good bit.

And isn't it an interesting twist on the genre that it's a female with a male harem, and not the other way around? And still male-oriented and not fujoshi.

No, no it's not an interesting twist.

And as someone who works in real life teaching 10-year old girls, I'm going to say this: you have problems. You are sick. Go get help!!!
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:

Call me when that harem actually shows up and I'll be semi-interested.

I predict 12 episodes with just one guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1