• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Improved Character Tournament: Participants/Minigame

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
Got mine done but was not happy with some of my choices. Gonna re-think some and make sure I got who I feel is the best candidate for each match up. Send it in tomorrow before heading into work,
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote
I've got all of the set-up for this week's round done already, so I'll be working on finishing my minigame picks during down time at work today. And man, more than a couple of the picks in the first round are complete toss-ups. This won't be easy. Razz

And the more I look at the Guide write-ups as I set the entries up, the more I think that 96 was the right call on the size. Unless Group A is atypical, we've got a pretty deep field this time around, as there are only a couple in Group A that I consider marginal competitors.

Oh, and you've got 13.5 or so hours from the time of this post, so don't delay on getting your entries in! (Or submitting changes if you're so inclined.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
choices are starting to get difficult around round 4

Last edited by getchman on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Current participants list:
marie-antoinette
Morwen Laicoriel
gGultra
Vaisaga
Olliff
Keichitsu0305
Tris
The Naked Beast
Rosebrook
4750g
A Mystery
Aylinn
Beltane
CrowLia

If you've sent me a bracket and aren't on the list, contact me ASAP.

The underscores are part of my email address. Sorry if this caused anyone confusion.

Note: Doing some technical adjustments to my spreadsheet, I noticed Round A-5 is a matchup between Haruka Suzumiya from Rumbling Hearts and Haruko from Air. If you have submitted a bracket, remember which one you picked and check my results when I post them against what you're supposed to have, because I'm pretty sure I will screw this up at least once.

Last edited by Dorcas_Aurelia on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
submitted
mow123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Sent my brackets in. It's refreshing to see a lot of new blood participating this time. Hope this also will mean we might get a few more consistent voters. Also told some of my friends about the mini-game, but I don't see their names on the submitted list. However, at the very least, I would expect 4-5 more brackets to sent it at last second. It's all in the name of research and preparation and not last minute procrastination.

My confidence on this one is moderate to high, but I think I may have been overly conservative with my choices.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, submitted mine. Good luck to us all. Smile
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I just sent mine in. I was sad to find out that Madoka was on the same Group as Youko Sad
farichada

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Yet another losing bracket has been submitted. And if by the off chance I win, it will be shojo domination and an early death to the overrated, self-dependent, bitchy as hell and barely improved at all Taiga. Going from acting like to a female dog to barely tolerable is not exactly an improvement and with all that moe garbage in there it just makes the difference even harder to evaluate. I give her 1-2 rounds max despite all the support from the nominations phase. Top 4.... you gotta be kidding me. I'm thinking pretty much anyone from twelve kingdoms should be more than enough to knock her out, but then again due to differences in popularity this may not happen. Plus, sadly it ain't going be Youko she's on the other side of the bracket who someone happened to place against one of the most awesome magical girls.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I just sent mine in. I was sad to find out that Madoka was on the same Group as Youko Sad

And yes a big OMFG to this. I would seriously put them both in the top 4 if not the finals. Mr Theron Martin, why must you be so cruel? Or is that just the RNG being a pain in the tush?

Honestly, I think I picked the wrong one, but in that match it really could go either way.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
farichada wrote:

WhiteHairGirls wrote:

And yes a big OMFG to this. I would seriously put them both in the top 4 if not the finals. Mr Theron Martin, why must you be so cruel? Or is that just the RNG being a pain in the tush?

I know I really wanted to put Madoka in the final 4s, but it would have been too much of a homer pick to pick her to beat the heavy favorite.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Decided not to wait until the last minute this time and already submitted my bracket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Of course you're the one who determines what the 'last minute' is Laughing
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I think people are seriously overestimating Madoka's chances here. Or maybe I'm just underestimating them since I don't expect her to even meet up with Youko Razz
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
there are a few shows that i have not seen so i just guessed. it'll be interesting to see how it turns out
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Sent it in with 30 minutes to spare. Whew.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 28