• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
first manga...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitten clamplover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
my first manga was tokyo mew mew, such a long time ago...awe the memories <3
Lokarunith

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
The first manga I bought was Del Rey's edition of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle #1 and xxxHolic #1 at a Comics Festival, but the first manga I read was Card Captor Sakura in the internet (I was 10, 11 years old?).

Ahhh... there's nothing as my first manga, it was so unique, so different from the other comic books. Unfortunatly now I'm used to it, but from time to time I have some great surprises, titles so different that I'm forced to redefine my concept of manga.
toaster_4hire

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
My friend loaned me her copy of Sailor Moon that she bought when she was in Chicago ... At the time, you really couldn't get any manga (what little there was of it) in our small town. So that was the first I read...

But the first I owned was Oh, My Goddess! I found the comic book shop carried the little monthly "comic" size installments, so I bought some of those. Plopped me directly into the middle of the plot, too. I'd never read a series out of order now, but at the time I didn't care.

Right afterward I bought the second volume of Sorcerer Hunters, so I consider that one of my "firsts" as well.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I believe my first manga was Ranma 1/2; I must have been around 7 or 8 years old, and still remember some of the exact panels to this day, as I loved to draw when I was a child and used to copy the characters I liked in order to get better at it.

I also remember reading Spriggan and Akira at my school library a few years later, but the first manga I bought was Dragon Ball. After that I spent a lot of years without reading anything - only the ocasional shonen jump title, mostly for nostalgia - until a friend lent me Basilisk, which got me interested in seinen and was basically the "gateway drug" that got me into the manga world again.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
My first manga was Sailormoon as well...and then I jumped to Magic Knights Rayearth...because the art was sooooooo beautiful on the cover. Anime hyper
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Funny that you bring up Magic Knight Rayearth, because that was my first manga, all the way back in early 2011. I had wanted to get Fullmetal Alchemist, but the first few issues were checked out of my local library, while all of MKR was right there for the taking, and I had seen a handful of episodes of the first season of the anime, so I knew that I liked it enough to take a look.

I haven't looked back since. It's also no surprise that I've been a CLAMP fan ever since.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7