• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreshura/Ore no Kanojo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Eita investigating Ai. Looks like he'll anything for the club.
It's always LOL to see Eita freak when Masuzu reads from his Notebook.
Ine the cinema part was pretty awkward. Those girls behaved like they've never been to a cinema before.
That was just beyond weird.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I thought just he was bad, but none of them seem to have realized that Ai is in love with him, although her actions spoiler[at the theatre] should have made it obvious. I liked the bit where Masuzu spoiler[actually used Eita's name when screaming at the movie's main character].
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
Sigh. Another episode of the main characters being completely brain-dead. I've really gone off this show, although it being consistently poor has something to do with it.

The diner scene with the reading of the notebook was funny, but the rest of it was weak.

Why can't characters like Kaoru ever be the main character of a show? He deserves it more than the five clowns we currently have.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
The diner scene with the reading of the notebook was funny, but the rest of it was weak.

I agree but it is in danger of getting old. Sooner or later it just is no longer plausible that Eita can be blackmailed that way. She has pretty much already exposed everything so sooner or later he will realize that he has nothing left to lose.

The other high point of the episode is where she kisses him unexpectedly. It lets you see they could be a halfway decent couple, except neither of them seem to really want that. Anyone's guess as to how the tipping point will come about, but it will be in either the last or second-to-last episode.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I dont understand, didn't they go see a horror movie? I really wanna believe that Eita is is just playing the selective oblivious trope really hard and is choosing to ignore all the blatantly obvious signs, but it's really getting harder each episode. At the same time, I really wish that Ai would just come out and tell him. Hopefully that's what looks like is going to happen next episode Despite all this, i still really enjoyed this episode.
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Meh, the more it goes on the less interest I have now. I think the characters are more realised than other anime like this and some of the tropes are executed in different ways but it's still the same old harem crap.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[The hell?!
The whole notebook thing was kinda weird and LOL at the same time.
At least Ai was as delusional as him.
Eita and Ai, yukata and the summer festival fireworks.
She's actually really nice.
Wow, she pretty much confessed to Eita. Not much of a surprise.
This whole situation with fake girlfriends and harem is getting complicated.
Looks like Masuzu's plan to keep the club worked, but they got Ai as a new member.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow a confession and it wasn't the season finale? Ai earned my respect. I loved it when he ran away and she said spoiler[I love you, give me your stamp!]. Ai said Kaoru helped her because she was keeping his secret. His secret is most likely that he[/spoiler] is actually a girl.spoiler[]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

To think that Ai would be the spoiler[craziest of the lot of them], and one of them spoiler[refers to themselves as the reincarnation of Burning Pudding Princess]. Well to be fair, for the most part she was just as spoiler[bad as him with her notebook], the only problem being that most of her spoiler[delusions are focused on one person, and she kept a marriage registration form she made in kindergarten, and expects him to sign it now]. I just love the way the music deteriated at that little twist. I like how he could not really think it through, spoiler[running away from her in the school, with her notebook, and nowhere to really run to]. Or that he spoiler[ran from her during the fireworks, but did not want to leave her alone because she said she is afraid of the dark, so he just ran on the spot for a bit].

Was I the only one laughing when Himeka asked if she should call Chiwa spoiler["Meat" (Niku)], most chances are it is not a reference, but I would like to think of it as such. Just going back, I thought her english added into her delusional writings was funny, that she wrote her name in it, and he shouted out her name when she entered the room.

"spoiler[Remember this Takkun. There's no girl in this world who doesn't lie!]" "spoiler[That was cool, but I won't forgive you.]" It is not so much what was said, but the delivery sounded like spoiler[Ace Attorney].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Ok, Ai is definitely my favorite character now. now that she has finally spoiler[confessed], hopefully Eita wont go back to being super stupid and only remain somewhat oblivious
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
the only problem being that most of her spoiler[delusions are focused on one person, and she kept a marriage registration form she made in kindergarten, and expects him to sign it now]. I just love the way the music deteriated at that little twist.

That was a pretty good blindside -- good enough that he couldn't just state the obvious that it wasn't valid because he was a minor when it was agreed.

Quote:
Was I the only one laughing when Himeka asked if she should call Chiwa spoiler["Meat" (Niku)],

I thought it funny but also slightly evocative of Yoroza/Sena.

getchman wrote:
Ok, Ai is definitely my favorite character now.

What's funny is when I was a kid my older sister would fill up composition books full of the same sort of "delusion" as they call it. Boys will sketch naughty anatomy -- girls do that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Quote:
Was I the only one laughing when Himeka asked if she should call Chiwa spoiler["Meat" (Niku)],

I thought it funny but also slightly evocative of Yoroza/Sena.

That was what I was thinking when I said that it might have been a reference.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
so what was up with Masuzu's brief moment of incoherency?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Well my guess is that she has been falling in love with Eita for a while now, whether it started with just the book is questionable, but she respects that he will actually do embarassing things. She has been growing increasingly jealous and she probably does not even realize that she has is not as against love as she think she is, and her mind like lost focus from the intimacy or something..... I don't know how girls actually think.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

spoiler[Playing with Eita's mind seems to be Masuzu's fav sport.
Ai was totally delusional about Eita. That girl is blinded by love.
Summer training camp preparations were fun.
Seems like all the girls keep taking turns to cling to Eita.
He has a harem and doesn't even know it.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9