• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Zero Novel Gets Ufotable Anime Along With Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
It's about time an anime project based on Fate/stay night and its spinoff material was placed in the hands of people that didn't eat lead paint chips as children. And still eat them today as adults, evidently.

Ooh, wouldn't it be nice if this meant a possible future adaptation of Fate/stay night's "Heaven's Feel" route would be handled by ufotable, as well?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
passer by

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
For the record, fate/stay night's anime sucked bawlz OK? And fate/zero is gonna be toally different from that because the people handling the story will have an exact idea of what to do since the light novel's already finished serializing, and WE WOULDN'T FRIGGIN HAVE TO FOLLOW SOME RANDOM TEENAGER PWNING NOOBS ANYMORE.

agreed

Ufotable FTW!
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Yes, it's not DEEN! Very Happy

Why so happy that DEEN is not involved with this? I would have been interesting if it was.

Also it's about fracking time. it was long over due for an anime version of Type Zero to be finally given a green light.

Hopefully, when it's completed it'll be licensed in the US and DEFINITELY include the Geneon eng dub cast from stay night.

HOWEVER , what I am really want to hear is that their will be an anime version of Fate Hollow Ataraxia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
[quote="jr0904"]
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:

HOWEVER , what I am really want to hear is that their will be an anime version of Fate Hollow Ataraxia.

I'd be surprised to see an anime F/HA, simply because of how non-linear the story is. And I would really hope to see HF get an anime first.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quote
Nom_Anor wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

I'd be surprised to see an anime F/HA, simply because of how non-linear the story is. And I would really hope to see HF get an anime first.

HF?? I've never heard of that series before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quote
HF is Heaven's Feel, the third story arc of the Fate/stay night game. First you play Fate, then you play Unlimited Blade Works, then you play Heaven's Feel. And if you're playing Realta Nua (the sex-free PS2 version), you can unlock the "Final Episode" after that.
bosnic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I really don't think that HF will get its own series.
the reason why almost everyone (including me) is happy that Studio DEEN isn't doing this is mainly due to the fact that they tried to put too much stuff from UBW and HF into the Fate route, which was the worst one in my opinion. I say they tried to redeem themselves by redoing the series and made it into the UBW movie that we know of today. In my opinion, the movie was a bit of a disappointment. ufotable made the epic 7 Kara no Kyoukai movies. I think that ufotable has more of a grasp on what Nasu wants compared to DEEN which just ruined the entire series.

GO UFOTABLE!
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the UBW film was a disappointment in the least. I loved that movie. But that said, I did like Kara no Kyokai so I'm not going to complain.

And while I would definitely not be disappointed to see Kenji Kawai return for the music from FSN if they pull in Yuki Kaijura to do the music here I can't say that I'd be disappointed with the change.

So I think this would rock whether it was UFOtable or Studio DEEN, though I admit that I liked the original FSN series and didn't come to it as someone who ever touched any of the games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3