• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Seitokai no Ichizon, Demonbane Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
Anyone know if they will be streaming the DVD version of Seitokai no Ichizon or just the TV version? I know in the past they have only done the TV version of certain shows.

It probably will be the tv version, since that's usually what CR streams. Was there a difference for the DVD version?
AFAICT all the Kadokawa Pictures series seem to have been the broadcast cut ~ normally they get the DVD cut when its a North American DVD distributor that uploads it (eg, Queen's Blade).

einhorn303 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:
(although I do hope the next batch of titles are the new simulcasts, don't they usually announce them closer to the release date though?).
Depends, with some shows they announce them a week or so before, some are announced the same day they air in Japan, and some are announced a week or so late.
It's an evolving process, after all. It seemed to be much better this season than the season before it.

And the Japanese companies all feel very differently about streaming: some may approve of things far in advance, while others aren't fully on the ball until weeks into the show's broadcast.
Quite, the early announcements last season (16 days in advance) were announcements of the TV Tokyo and Kadokawa Pictures deals.

At this time of year, I don't think they'd do an announcement for Winter before Christmas.

At the rate that they have been announcing Kadokawa Pictures series, it seems that the deal was for this season, which would mean next week first announcing the last of the catalog titles from Kadokawa Pictures, then starting the process of announcing Winter simulcasts with whatever TV Tokyo series they have.

It will be interesting to see whether there is a new Kadokawa Pictures deal announced, or whether that will wait until Spring.
Dan297na

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
Anyone know if they will be streaming the DVD version of Seitokai no Ichizon or just the TV version? I know in the past they have only done the TV version of certain shows.

It probably will be the tv version, since that's usually what CR streams. Was there a difference for the DVD version?

I've only seen the first two episodes but there was a little bit cut out of those. Mostly just a few upskirt shots.
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
For the record, the Android app works pretty well on my Verizon HTC Incredible. IIRC the forum posts by a Crunchyroll admin said they'd had to tone down the video quality to make it work well for Anrdoid 2 (as opposed to waiting for the new version, which not all phones will support).
Jarm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, Seitokai no Ichizon! It's one of my favorite anime because it's just so cute and funny! I wouldn't mind rewatching!

Tastes like Happiness~

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2